I found this place when installing

Guts

I found this place when installing a new TV last year. I'm installing a new TV in the front room now and am buying from them again. I have found them to be fast and bird like (cheep cheep). The wall mount for a flat screen can't be beat IMHO. Lots of stuff ! here is the home page;

http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp

Here is what I'm installing, just ordered the wall mount and HDMI cables.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Monoprice has been my goto supplier of cables, switchers, etc. for years. Being an audio/video enthusiast I purchase lots of products and Monoprice saves gobs of money. For example, when you go to your local big box store and purchase a new TV, the salesman will push you into purchasing a "must have" HDMI cable by Monster or other "premium" companies. Example It's total BS. The same quality cable is available at Monoprice, here. $129.99 or $9.20, your choice. There is no, I repeat, NO difference in the quality of sound and picture carried through the cable. The MP cable meets all the newest specs for 3D TV (backwards compatible of course) and more.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good find guts. Thanks for sharing!!!!! :thumb:

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, jeeks. that's why i've been holding off buyind a wii.

and buzz is right on about the hdmi cables. it's digital, so so long as the ones and zeroes get through the cable, it doesn't matter how thick or thin, shielded or bare the wires are. things were much different in the old days of analog systems.

yes, there's such a thing as jitter and distortion in a digital eye pattern, but most transceivers can handle a lot of junk and still be able to decode the ones and zeroes.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
In three weeks I'll be running wire for a 7.1 system. Gues where I got the wire.....?

Monoprice 12AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable - 100ft (For In-Wall Installation) - $25.40

Best Buy Monster Cable - 100' High-Performance Speaker Cable - $87.99

There are many reasons why MP gets my business.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
lol, jeeks. that's why i've been holding off buyind a wii.

and buzz is right on about the hdmi cables. it's digital, so so long as the ones and zeroes get through the cable, it doesn't matter how thick or thin, shielded or bare the wires are. things were much different in the old days of analog systems.

yes, there's such a thing as jitter and distortion in a digital eye pattern, but most transceivers can handle a lot of junk and still be able to decode the ones and zeroes.

That's it, speak it!!!!!

Ohhh, if only DW would talk like that!

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Earlier today, I was taking measurements on a recovered optical TDM signal after 30 kilometers of fiber watching how much the eye closed (got distorted). It was within spec, so the HW is good to do. :D

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of Monoprice, we've been using them for a little over a year now to outfit our lab and testbeds. Simply can't beat thier prices!

buckytom

Grill Master
ooh, ooh, time division multiplexing. neat stuff.

optical? wow, that's so new it's still in the whoop dee doo, look at my new stuff category around here.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
ooh, ooh, time division multiplexing. neat stuff.

optical? wow, that's so new it's still in the whoop dee doo, look at my new stuff category around here.

Yeah, we're working on FTTH (Fiber to the Home). It's GPON - Gigabit Passive Optical Network. Each card (a blade that plugs into a larger chassis) has 2 PONs. Each PON can serve 32 customers - so 64 customers per card, and it's possible to have 22 cards in a Chassis.

All 32 customer ONTs (Optical Network Terminator) sit on the PON at the same time behind a 32x passive optical splitter. They all see the same light at the same time. But, to keep them from stepping on each other (all of them flooding the pipe with light at once would be indecipherable), only one is allowed to "talk" at a time. Thus, the optical line has 32 "slots", and each ONT gets to talk during his time - the magic of TDM!

Of course, there is the ever-so-slight possibility of a "Rogue ONT" which is an ONT that has gone bad and turns its laser full on all the time….that brings down the whole PON and the rest of the 31 customers on it. For that reason, some Telcos are nervous about GPON even though it's a proven technology, and rogues are rare.

The answer is Active-E which serves up 24 one-to-one optical connections to 24 ONTs. The connection is optical ethernet, and not TDM since each ONT has it's own personal fiber. That way, if one goes rogue, it's only that one that is affected since the others have their own fibers.

CARP! Look what you made me do! :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: