Tomato Olive "Butter" sauce

AllenOK

We ran this last weekend for a special (Pan-Seared Blue-Nosed Sea Bass). I don't really have measurements, as I made this to taste. Now, I used Herbs de Provence base, but you can use dry Herbs de Provence as well.

clarified butter
9 roma tomatoes, large dice
1 large shallot, julienned
about 1/3 c kalamata olives, sliced
about 1/3 c spanish queen olives, sliced
Herbs de Provence base
white wine
about 1 stick unsalted butter, cut up

Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add the clarified butter and melt. Swirl to coat the pan. Add the tomatoes, shallots, and olives. If you are using a dry Herbs de Provence blend, add that with the veggies. Saute until the tomatoes begin to collapse. If you are lucky enough to have the base, add it with the wine now to deglaze the pan. Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or so. When the veggies are tender, remove the lid, and add the butter. Stir or swirl the pan, off the heat, until the butter has melted and incorporated into the sauce. Ladle over your entree (or just dip some warm, crusty bread into the sauce and eat as an appetizer).

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm drooling heavily, Allen! I love olives and this sounds heavenly. I will make this next time I make french bread. Thank you!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Allen that does sound really good and can see how it would go with pan seared fish. I've saved it for future use and thanks.