Buzz's potato flake chix breasts - five stars says I....

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
This is one of those Sam's Club HUGE chix breasts. My hand is about medium male for comparison and the pic was taken after hammer flattening.

Marinade is 1 part yellow mustard, 1 part mayonnaise, 1 clove garlic and 1/2 scallion pressed, 1/4 t garlic powder, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Whisk until smooth, spread ALL over the breast, top and bottom, and then stick in the fridge for a couple hours

Then ----- apply a coat of instant mashed potato flakes (again, top and bottom), bake for an hour or so (remember that this breast is a double D) at 350F until the center reaches 170-175 degrees, foil tent for 10 minutes rest.

This was EXCELLENT. Try it!!!!

SDC10535.jpg

Potato flakes added

SDC10536.jpg

Finished product with a big veggie hit

SDC10537.jpg

Dessert was butter pecan ice cream with habanero pepper infused honey (almost rhymes with yummy....)

SDC10538.jpg

suziquzie

That looks great Buzz! Will try this week.

I always wonder what the heck they are giving those DD chickens and if they get back pain......

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken looks good, buzz - looks as if it was tender and moist.

Great idea for an ice cream topper, too!

Lee

suziquzie

i'm thinkin..... all I have is miracle crap.....I mean whip..... I hate the stuff, but maybe it wouldnt be so bad on this if I upped the garlic to cover it up :)

Deelady

awww man I can't see the pics... I guess I have to go to the thread chow wrote about pics.....

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
awww man I can't see the pics... I guess I have to go to the thread chow wrote about pics.....

Doc is working hard on this problem, Dee. My pix are not outside url references, rather, they were uploaded to the NCT site so why you can't see them is a mystery. The only outside urls I use are for cartoons, etc.

The pictures aren't that good anyway and I probably should have cooked the chix at 400 instead of 350 to get it more brown and crisp. I cook all meats by temperature now so when it's done it's done and I take it out of the oven.

Edit: Lee - it was very tender and moist - best non-rollup chix I've ever made.

buckytom

Grill Master
My hand is about medium male for comparison and the pic was taken after hammer flattening.

you flattened your hand just for a comparison to a chicken breast?

man, that's dedication.

you know, you could have just bought penis enlarging cream and not used gloves.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
you flattened your hand just for a comparison to a chicken breast?

man, that's dedication.

you know, you could have just bought penis enlarging cream and not used gloves.

The penis enlarging cream (and machine) was already in use.... :yum:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That's a huge breast Buzz!
Looks delicious, I like that you used your hand to show how large it was in comparison.

I have a friend Charles who is a chef.. he explained to me once how he can tell the doneness of a steak by feel of a fork piercing it, then showed me how by making a fist, and pinching the bit of skin between his thumb and forefinger-- first in a fist, then a slight release, then with his hand open.
Fisted is rare, slight release medium, and hand open well done.
I was rapt in amazement :yum:

chowhound

I couldn't see the pics either and had to do that log in thing again. Something must have gone bump in the night.

Suzi, weren't you looking for a way to use up potato flakes a while back? Buzz is on a kick here.

Deelady

Thanks for the tip Chow, I can see the pics fine now....

Great lookin meal there buzz! Will def try it out sometime!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dee can you see the pics now (in this post)

Attachments

• buzz1.jpg
    buzz1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 159
  • buzz2.jpg
    buzz2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 148
  • buzz3.jpg
    buzz3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 147
  • buzz4.jpg
    buzz4.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 146

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, now I understand that if you log out and back in you can see the pics in buzz's post. Is that correct. Twilight zone time. This makes no sense to me. Tomorrow morning I will take the site down for a little bit to upgrade VB. I doubt that will fix things but I don't know what else to do. :confused:

chowhound

Dee can you see the pics now (in this post)

Doc, my guess is she says yes. She already logged in on that other page like I had to do and I can see them fine now.

I like how I quoted you and the pics didn't repost though :a1:

This forum is so slow loading that's it's nice if the same pics aren't reposted several times in the same thread just because the quote button is being used. IMO anyway.

suziquzie

2 thumbs up on this one Buzz!!

It was SO easy to throw together.... I made it on a break from lots of yardwork and was able to get right back out there while it marinated.... and when it was baked (easy again!) it was delicious! Thank you!