A Question...

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I just up-dated my computer... I have several CD's with family pics that i want to put into my pics file... when i put the CD into the space where it goes i get a message that reads "unable to upload because you recently updated your computer" can someone tell me what to do from here?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like the CD has some kind of auto-run S/W on it that is having fits.

Try this: Put the CD into the drive, then cancel all the popup software. Once all that is closed, double click on “My Computer” or hold down the Windows key and hit “e” to open the file explorer.

Once you have My Computer or the file explorer open, click on the disc that has the CD in it. Probably D: or E: drive.

Now, browse that disc and find your pics. They will probably be JPGs or BMPs. Once you find then, drag them from the CD over to the folder on your PC where you want them stored.

Last edited:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, I'm having trouble with the last part of your instructions :) "drag the from the CD over to the folder on your PC where you want rhem stored. :)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
If I'm understanding the part you are having trouble with simply select all the files/pictures you want on the cd. To do this you can click on the first one then hold down the shift key and click on the last file, this will select all in a block turning the highlight on them. Now hold down your right mouse button and drag the block to the folder on your HD you want them in and click on the popup menu to copy since move won't work from a CD. I hope that answers your needs.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
As Joe said, you want to highlight the picture on the CD, then drag it over to a new folder on your PC. It helps to go ahead and open the new folder and have both windows open side-by-side. This means you can’t have the windows open full screen.

You’ll do it like this. On the left would be the window for the CD. Highlight the pictures, then drag them to the window on the right.

2nve6go.jpg