A new way to peel apples ....

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
neat? bit messy bit really neat!

what was chucked in the drill? got drill, , , , got yoke peeler . . .

Ian M.

That is so cool! What a nifty idea. Wonder what other marvels the guy does with power tools?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Nice idea, but sorry, I'm still old school.

I've seen Emeril Laggase use the one on the right. :eating2:

Attachments

• oxo-good-grips-swivel-potato-peeler.jpg
    oxo-good-grips-swivel-potato-peeler.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 103
  • Apple_peeler_with_potato_01_Pengo.jpg
    Apple_peeler_with_potato_01_Pengo.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Ian M.

Yeah, me, too. But it always looks like he takes an awful lot of the apple with it, as well.
Just give me an old-time peeler and I'm off and running. Did anyone ever hear the old wive's tale about if a girl can peel an apple without breaking the peel before it's all off the apple, she should then twirl it around her head, let it go and whatever letter is formed when it lands wherever, that's the first initial of the man she'll marry. My grandmother used to tell that one.

Ian M.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I have one of those Sherm - A major pita.

I can use the hand peeler, completely peel an apple in one long strip. Every other apple I give one strip to each of my labs. They love to help me cook.

rocket_j_dawg

Yeah, me, too. But it always looks like he takes an awful lot of the apple with it, as well.
Just give me an old-time peeler and I'm off and running. Did anyone ever hear the old wive's tale about if a girl can peel an apple without breaking the peel before it's all off the apple, she should then twirl it around her head, let it go and whatever letter is formed when it lands wherever, that's the first initial of the man she'll marry. My grandmother used to tell that one.

Ian M.

I remember that wives tale. Except the ending was a bit different which I don't think I'm allowed to post here. LOL
I thinks I learned it from my older brother.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have one of those Sherm - A major pita.

I can use the hand peeler, completely peel an apple in one long strip. Every other apple I give one strip to each of my labs. They love to help me cook.

I hear yah on that one, Adillo393! :piesmiley1: :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I once had one of THESE before pictured below).

What a complete waste of time & money it was!!

The thing did NOT get the eyes out, and if I let it go any longer, the potatoes got smaller!!

Plus I had to hold the thing down on the surface while in use to keep it from walking off the table!!!

Presto had stopped making it because I think most consumers did not like it and complained about it. :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• Presto Potato Peeler..png
    Presto Potato Peeler..png
    38.7 KB · Views: 97