15% Off Sale on High-End Knives at Korin

FryBoy

Korin in NYC is one of the top kitchen knife stores in the country. They specialize in Japanese kitchen knives and carry most of the top brands and have both Western and traditional Japanese styles.

These knifes are definitely not cheap, but if you're interested, right how through July 31 they're running their "Summer Sale" -- 15% off all knives! Such a deal!

Here's the link:

http://korin.com/site/home.html

showroom09.jpg

chowhound

Anyone wanting to pick up a good knife, here's your deal.
I've boughten a few knives from them and they've always arrived within a few days.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I bought GREEEAAAAAAAAAAAAT french knives tonight from Marshalls. I tried them on tough pork chops. They cut very very v ery very very well. Like it was nothing. $16 too! 6 of em. Anyhow he said he has 100 ****ing knives and kept hitting the drawer it somehow prove it.

So I cleaned the knife off and put them back into my car.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Korin is an excellent company. I've purchased several knives and received fair prices, accurate descriptions, and fast, well packed shipping.

Rob Babcock

Korin rocks. I definitely plan to pick up a couple while the sale lasts, probably at least one Tojiro and a Togihaura.

S.Shepherd

I bought GREEEAAAAAAAAAAAAT french knives tonight from Marshalls. I tried them on tough pork chops. They cut very very v ery very very well. Like it was nothing. $16 too! 6 of em. Anyhow he said he has 100 ****ing knives and kept hitting the drawer it somehow prove it.

So I cleaned the knife off and put them back into my car.

What's that have to do with a 15% off sale at korin?:confused:

FryBoy

HERE IS THE knives I bought tonight for $17.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

How could these knives be only $17?!?!?
On their website ONE is $170.00!!!!

http://www.laguiole.com/
Sorry, but what you bought is not the same thing as on the website you mentioned. That site is La Forge de Laguiole, one of the high-end brands of Laguiole knives and corkscrews.

Laguiole is NOT a brand but a region and style of knives. I know -- I used to import Laguiole knives and corkscrews directly from the manufacturers in France and sold them on EBay for a couple of years.

There are at least 14 LEGITIMATE brands of Laguiole knives (i.e., made in the Laguiole region), and they're all expensive. There are dozens if not hundreds of knock-offs from Spain, India, Pakistan, and China. Not the same quality by a long shot.

There are also some pretty lousy brands from France, most notably Sabatier and Cepage (sold by Williams-Sonoma). Junk!

Check the Laguiole Corkscrews & Knives site I set up on Yahoo Groups for more information. Look especially at the photos and the information in the "files" section.

Last edited: