Homecook needs our prayers

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Homecook's mother has taken a turn for the worse and the end is probably close at hand. She will be offline a lot as she's staying by her mother's bedside, holding her hand. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Prayers going up for a peaceful end and strength for Homecook & Heb & all the family

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Adding my thoughts to Barb and Heather and their families.

Our strength is yours.

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
candle-1.gif

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Condolences to HC. Dawn and I will keep her in our thoughts for sure.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I HATE to hear this. She has lots of thoughts and prayers from us! Hang in there Barb! :kiss:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Barb, I am so sorry for you and Heather. I am here if you need me. Just let me know what you need.
I have been keeping you all in my prayers since before Christmas.
(((((Barb and Heather and the rest of the family)))))

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Stay strong, Barb. I'm sending prayers to your mom, Heather, you, and your families.

Buzz

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'll be praying for the whole family. I lost my own mother several years ago...I know how hard it is.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'll be praying for the whole family. I lost my own mother several years ago...I know how hard it is.
i also lost my mom several years ago. it is very hard especially on an only child.

you are in my thoughts and prayers HC and mama.

Bilby

Having only lost my mother earlier this year, my sympathies are very much with HomeCook. Thinking of you (and my mum).

Wasabi

HomeCook, I've said this to others that are losing their loved ones and I pray when my loved one goes......May the Lord lift her gently in his arms and carry her home.

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm sorry, homey and heb, and al of yours.

my deepest sympathies, and prayers that god takes her quickly, if it is to be.

homecook

You guys have me in tears!! Thank you so much for your heartfelt thoughts and prayers!!!! You guys are like family to me and it means so much to me.

Terry, you have to be my long lost sister.....I love you girl!!!

Update: My mom is stable, meaning it's a waiting game right now. She's sleeping 24/7 because they hit her up with morphine every two hours to keep her comfortable. She doesn't seem to be in any pain and she looks peaceful. I believe she is waiting for my three brothers to get in town and also Heather and her family!! She's on her own agenda now. lol

It's been really hard to see her like this but I know she is going to be in a better place soon..........I've said my good-byes and told her to let go and be at peace!! I've told her I'll be ok and she needn't worry, to go enjoy her next life with my dad again. It took alot but I sincerely believe it was the thing to do. I don't want her to suffer any more.

I came home to take a break and John and my mom's brother are with her. My two younger brothers are on their way in. (heaven help me)

Please, just keep us in your thoughts and prayers because "I" really need them right now.

God Bless you all!!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
It will be good to have your family there to give comfort as well as share in the workload. It really helps to have loved ones close in stressful times.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Bless you, girl. I hope you can catch a little rest. I'm so glad your mom is comfortable. Even though she's drifting in another plane right now, there is a part of her that knows you've all gathered for her. That's what's giving her peace even more than the morphine. I know you're right about her waiting for everyone to arrive.

My father did the same thing. I got a call the afternoon of Christmas Eve that he was being moved to ICU, but that he was stable. But I just knew - like you know. So I made a mad dash to pack everyone and go to Houston. It was a freak ice storm and all the freeways were closed by the time I got there. It took me almost 7 hours for a 4 hour trip, but he waited until all the kids and I crowded in his tiny room to say goodbye. He died within the hour, having gotten to kiss us all and tell us to take care of my mom. I'm praying your mom has as easy a passage as my dad did - surrounded by all those she loves.

Love to all of you.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I really feel for you Barb. You know you are in our thoughts and prayers during this trying time. Hang in there!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You are constantly in my thoughts. I'm sorry. Take care of your family and let them take care of you too.

Buzz