I try not to ask too often....

homecook

But I need your thoughts and prayers for my mother.

They put her on oxygen this morning because her breathing was very irregular. She's not eating and can't swallow. They took a chest x-ray and confirmed she's got pneumonia in one lung and a severe infection in the other. She's got lung cancer and I don't know if that's what they're seeing. They can't give her the antibiotic orally because she cant' swallow. I went up to see her earlier and it wasn't good. I came home and Dh went up to be with her. I'm heading out again.....
I'm really scared but know she's in God's hands right now and what will be will be.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
you know she has mine, Barb!! You and all your family!

th1229c_prayers.gif

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh Barb. I'm so sorry to hear this. She's had such a hard time these past few months. I hope she will respond quickly to the antibiotics and her breathing will become stable. If this is her time though, I pray her passage will be peaceful and that she will pass surrounded by her loving family. Hugs to you, my friend. We'll be here for you if you need comfort or strength.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
{{{{{{{BARB}}}}}}} My prayers are going out for your mom, you and your whole family. I wish there was more I could do but you're right...she's in God's hands....

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope your mama takes a turn for the better.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Awwww bless her heart Barb!
Just know we're all thinking about you and your Mama and sending the best healing thoughts and prayers your way.
Love you girl!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Barb, you know that I have been praying all along. Whenever I pray for my mom, I have a list for everyone. The list is getting bigger but that is ok. She is in G-d's hands. Peace be with you. Hugs, Susan

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thoughts of peace and comfort, to you and your Mom, Barb.

If I were there, I would sing her a couple of koleda (Polish Christmas carols) that I sing with my family. No matter what the season, we always join in, and it always makes us feel better!

Lee

GotGarlic

I'm sorry your mother isn't doing well. I hope she gets better soon. I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your family. Take care.

Biskit

What a rollercoaster you've been on, Barb! (((HUGS))) from my house. I pray, also, for healing, but, if that's not HIS plan, I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Biskit

Y'know, Barb, I gave your title to this thread a bit of thought. I understand the sentiment behind it, but, since we're friends.........really GOOD friends, in this forum, I don't think you CAN ask for moral support or prayers from us too often.
That's what we're here for!

We luv ya and want the best for you and will ride through Hell with a bucket of water for you. That's the truth!

homecook

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!

She is somewhat stable right now. Still on the oxygen and having difficulty breathing. Hospice will stay with her tonight to make sure things are ok. They gave her adavin (sp?) which they're hoping will help with her breathing. They gave her a shot of an antibiotic because she can't swallow. That may work on the infection.
When I was there she didn't know who I was nor my DH........it was the hardest thing for me to take. I'm holding strong for now but I may need you all down the road.
Thank you again!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear this Barb. Good thoughts and prayers on the way. Hang in there girl.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!

She is somewhat stable right now. Still on the oxygen and having difficulty breathing. Hospice will stay with her tonight to make sure things are ok. They gave her adavin (sp?) which they're hoping will help with her breathing. They gave her a shot of an antibiotic because she can't swallow. That may work on the infection.
When I was there she didn't know who I was nor my DH........it was the hardest thing for me to take. I'm holding strong for now but I may need you all down the road.
Thank you again!!

The Ativan will help hun.
We all love you and you know that.:flowers:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I just wanted to add something more Barb:

From reading your account of your Mom's current condition, it doesn't look so good, but who knows? She could pull right through this and hold on for a while.

I worked for hospice here in Delphos for 3 years as a visiting nurse. Our aim isn't to prolong life as much as it is to ensure a comfortable and pain-free passing, which I am sure they've told you.

Just be strong and know I/WE are here for you ANYTIME.

My Dad passed away from lung cancer in '96. He died at home with hospice care. Even though I wasn't his hospice nurse, I was there for him to comfort him, bathe him and love him and Mom until he finally went.
When he did, it was actually a relief and a blessing from God.
Love you much!!

homecook

I just wanted to add something more Barb:

From reading your account of your Mom's current condition, it doesn't look so good, but who knows? She could pull right through this and hold on for a while.

I worked for hospice here in Delphos for 3 years as a visiting nurse. Our aim isn't to prolong life as much as it is to ensure a comfortable and pain-free passing, which I am sure they've told you.

Just be strong and know I/WE are here for you ANYTIME.

My Dad passed away from lung cancer in '96. He died at home with hospice care. Even though I wasn't his hospice nurse, I was there for him to comfort him, bathe him and love him and Mom until he finally went.
When he did, it was actually a relief and a blessing from God.
Love you much!!

That's exactly what they did tell me, which I kind of figured. Yes, I do know the philosophy of Hospice. They've been a great help to me in the past months. I just want her to go peacefully and without pain. She has meant the world to me and then some. God be with her!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
You know you got prayers from around the corner. Holler if you need something, you got my number.

Joe