Thoughts for my niece....

suziquzie

I found out about a half hour ago that my Niece, Taylor, had an accident at a pool last night, and is in the hospital with 2 broken vertebrae.... and cannot feel her hands or feet....

Taylor is 12. Some of you may remember me talking about her Mom, my SIL and best friend, who was killed in a car accident 5 years ago.

I'm not sure how much one family is supposed to take. Pray for her, think of her, I don't know what else to say......

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Oh Suzi!! How horrible! She is in my prayers honey. They can do so much now for people that have spinal injuries. Have faith. The good thing going for her is that she is young. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

homecook

Oh suzie, how terrible!! Your whole family has my thoughts and prayers!!.......I pray she makes a complete recovery.

Biskit

I'm so sorry, Suzi. I pray for your family and for you. You sound like you're hurting too.

(((HUGS)))

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I am sorry to hear this Suzie - Thoughts and prayers comming your way.

The younger ones often pull through in the end.

Andy

homecook

Oh suzie....hang on hon!! I know you're hurting so bad right now, it's still early and things may change...Don't give up your hope and faith!! {{HUGS}} going out to you!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear this. I't got to be very scary for all. Hope she gets better real soon.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Suzie, I will keep all of you in my prayers and I when I read what you wrote, I almost threw up! You poor thing! I am so sorry!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm very sorry to hear this. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
My eyes started welling up when I read you post. I'm so sorry to hear this Suzi. My prayers are going out to her, you and the whole family.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
How awful, Suzie. That poor family has had so much tragedy. I'll be praying hard for Taylor. And for you, too, sweetie. I know how much the loss of your SIL hurt you.

lilylove

Suzi~.... I'm sending lots and lots of happy thoughts your way. Pass them on to Taylor and the rest of your family. Hugs, Trish

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Prayers coming your way for Taylor and the family. So sorry to hear the news. So sad.

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm sorry about your niece, squzie. of course you and your family have my prayers.

don't fret too much just yet. i've known a few people who have broken vertebrae in their backs (skiing and swimming/diving accidents), and the paralysis was only temporary from swelling. hopefully, she'll get feeling back within a few days.

all of my positive energy is coming your way in any case.

suziquzie

Thanks again everyone.
She's got surgery scheduled in about 15 min.... they will be fusing her vertebrae I believe and removing blood and fluid from around her cord...
I've been hoping the same thing all morning, BT thats it's just swelling.....

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Please post as soon as you know anything. And keep in mind, children are much more resilient that adults. They heal from things we never would.

suziquzie

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Keep going!

She made it thru her surgery alright, now its just wait and hope. They were able to repair everything they needed to. At the very least she will have severe back pain the rest of her life. She should be awake sometime this morning.

Just keep praying she will get her movement back.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good. Glad she made it thorugh all that alright. :thumb:
Prayers still coming that she gets her movement back. :thumb:

Can you tell us how she hurt her back so bad in a pool? :confused:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Progress sounds good, suzi! Sending continued positive and healing energies to you and your niece!

Lee

suziquzie

Good. Glad she made it thorugh all that alright. :thumb:
Prayers still coming that she gets her movement back. :thumb:

Can you tell us how she hurt her back so bad in a pool? :confused:

We haven't really asked all the details yet.... being so worried.... but from what I know so far, it was a smaller above ground pool, and she dove or jumoed in wrong. I don't know what they were jumping from or if there was a deck or something built around it..... I'm sure we will know more about that in the next few days.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
At this point, the how doesn't really matter. Focus on the healing and recovery. She needs all the cheerleading, rah rahs, everything will be ok that she can get. Keeping her attitude positive is the most important thing. If she believes that she will recover, she will. I have seen it time and time again.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm so relieved to hear she made it through the surgery. Have you gotten word that she's awake yet? Bless her heart - she must be so scared. 12 years old is old enough to worry about a spinal injury. Please update us when you hear more, Suzie. In the meantime, we'll be waiting with you.