Prayer needed, please

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
My Mammaw had a stroke yesterday. I'm not asking for healing or for her to get better, that isn't going to happen. She is 91 years old and has had a pretty good life. I just ask for peace for her. I have never seen her in a hospital and other than a cold, I never saw her really sick, up until about 5 years ago and she has had a horrible time with flus and other ailments. I think it's just time for her to rest now. I hope that doesn't sound mean, it's not meant to be. My Mammaw is the last thread holding us together and when she goes, I don't know what will happen to us as a whole.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thank you! I just need the strength not to break down in front of her. She has always been the rock in the family. There when we needed her with a clear head and ready to lead.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sending positive energies to you both, Stacy.

Your Mammaw sounds like my grandmother. Enjoy every day you can with her!

Lee

homecook

Stacy, sending you both love and strength to get through this. If you let her know you are at peace with things she will be at peace also. There is nothing bad in your way of thinking, it's easier when you can let go knowing you loved and cared for her the best you could. My prayers are with you and your family..{{HUGS}}

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thank you Barb. She was definitely loved, lol.She wouldn't have it any other way. She is a people person,lol and ornery as hell!! Guess she started that one,lol.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
She sound a lot like my grandmother - who died several years ago. I know where you are Stacey & have been there. I will pray for you.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thank you Ray! I just have to stay sane. So much crap has gone on around me in the last week and I'm at a breaking point. If I can get through this day without breaking down in front of her, I will be very happy!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am so sorry that your Beloved Mammaw had a stroke and I will pray for the peace that you so dearly requested. This is one of the hardest parts of life to cope with and I shall pray for strength for you as well.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I am so sorry that your Beloved Mammaw had a stroke and I will pray for the peace that you so dearly requested. This is one of the hardest parts of life to cope with and I shall pray for strength for you as well.

thank you ps

UnConundrum said:
Wishing her peace....

thank you!

I'm outta here. Be back whenever.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Stacy, I'm so sorry your Mammaw has suffered the last few years. I hope that if this is her time, she will pass with peace and dignity and without pain. Big hugs to you and your family.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear about you Mammaw Stacy. You don't sound mean, just realistic. I'll be praying for strength and peace for both of you. Life is like climbing up a staircase...the older you get, the more difficult it is to climb. She's climbed a lot of stairs in 91 years.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Holy crap, that woman is a rock, that is all I can say!! She isn't done yet!!LOL
She is given them hell at the hospital!!

Seriously though, she had an MRI and a carotid doppler today. We probably won't know until tomorrow about any of those since the doctor won't be there until then, but, we do know that she had the stroke about Wednesday night and Thursday morning. They said they know this because there is an abnormality in the Basal Ganglia and that it takes 2-3 days for that to show up on a CT scan. She is good though. Not paralyzed or weak as most people are after stroking in that area of the brain. Good lord you should have seen the physical therapist! Wish I need physical therapy!! LOL

thank you for your good thoughts. My aunt is in the sky about an hour away and will probably taking her back to Spokane with her. She can no longer be alone, Dr orders.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Yes it is!! It was hard to see her in a hospital bed, but, I kept myself in check, thank goodness. After we know more about what happened, probably bp though, they may start her on some new stuff that is suppose to keep it from happening again or something. We'll see:clap:

homecook

Great to hear that!! She really is feisty! LOL Bless you all.
(so do tell about the physical therapist)

Barb

Deelady

Positive thoughts coming your way! If she is anything like her granddaughter I am not at all surprised she is a feisty one!! I'm sure she has her eye on the therapist as well, I'd say that hospital has the right idea...do what ever they can to keep your loved ones holding on!! ;)

Big hugs to you and Memaw {{{{:)}}}}