Good Luck, Sattie

Calicolady

Good luck today, my friend, with whatever tests you are having done.
And I hope you are able to eat like a Queen, that you are afterward.
Keep us posted.....{{{hugs}}}

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sattie - Here's hoping that you breeze through this and come out smellin like the rose that you are.

AC

buckytom

Grill Master
geez sattie. that rose-ectomy that you're having is really gonna depress adillo.

:bounce:

hope your good to go asap!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Best wishes for good results! May it be an easy procedure and all go well, sweetie pie! I'll be thinking of you all day!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I guess I missed the post that folks are talking about, sattie, but whatever it is you're doing, best of luck!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I missed what's up too, Lee, but I sure hope everything is OK, Sattie. Let me know if you need somebody to come over there and take care of you.

Calicolady

I too don't know what's going on other than she said she was having tests and couldn't eat on Sunday.
Would love to hear all is well. Sattie?????????????????

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
She's just having to have it done as precaution. I'm suppose to, but, lol, I just can't seem to get my "butt" to go, hehe
Both of our mom's died from colon cancer, that is the only reason for it.
She a healthy chic!!

Hmmm that's not something I enjoy having in common with you lady!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Once one hits a certain age (and even earlier if you have a family history), it behooves one to get a colonoscopy. I should but I keep putting it off.

Calicolady

Been there, done that. Mom had chrones and colitus.

I can't imagine, for the life of me, who would want to get into this field of medicine. But thank G*d they do.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awww you guys - is that what it is? I know we're all supposed to get one as a precautionary measure but I just hate to go to doctors. Heck, I haven't even managed to have a mammogram yet. I'm not kidding - it makes me feel faint just thinking about seeing a doctor unless there's a broken bone protruding out of my skin or blood pouring out of a bullet wound or something equally horrible.

I did take my mom to hers and my girlfriend to hers and it didn't seem all that bad for them. I just can't seem to work myself up to do either one. Has everybody really done the mammogram/colonoscopy things they recommend?

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
ROFLMAO1.gif

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I have had a mammogram--boy, it is amazing how smooshed one can get. Not the most comfortable but not terrible.

The colonoscopy though is something that I have put off because of the unpleasant nature of the pre-test. I use to get sick watching my dad drink the go-lightly crap--think of it as sympathy puking.

I promised I would do it by the time that I turned 50 but my father had colon cancer and I should do it sooner.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
There are suppose to be pills that you can take now with lots and lots of water but they are huge!

AllenOK

Sattie, good luck!

I really need to get one done myself. My father passed away from colon cancer. He was younger than I am now when it happened.

I think they should have a testiclegram!!!!!

Ever see a guy have a physical?

"Turn your head and cough, please."

Don't ask where they stick fingers.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I, too, have had colonoscopies. The preparation is almost worse than the actual event. But it is not fun. As for mammograms, I just had one a few months ago and it was good...this may be TMI, but many of you already know that I had a mastectomy 24 years ago. I demand 1/2 price for mammograms now. Talk about getting your t*t caught in a wringer!!

Sattie - we are all wondering how you are doing, so hope you are able to let us know you are OK very soon......

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
The doctors here put you in a twilight when the procedure is done but you can be totally knocked out if you prefer. She might not be on until tomorrow.

I am so happy that she took care of this. She has put me to shame!