Butternut Squash Stuffed with Apples, Raisins and Walnuts

Butternut Squash Stuffed with Apples, Raisins and Walnuts
Serving Size : 2

1 butternut squash
1 apple -- chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts -- chopped
cinnamon -- to taste

Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds, and place the squash in a glass baking dish.

Combine chopped apple, raisins and walnuts. Sprinkle with cinnamon and mix well.

Stuff the cavity of each squash half and sprinkle some additional cinnamon, if desired. Cover the baking dish and bake at 350 F, or in microwave until the squash is tender.

Adapted from:
"http://www.all-creatures.org/recipes/butternut-stuf-apraisnut.html"

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this tonight for my roomate and she loved it!

My adaptations:

- Acorn squash instead of butternut
- Dried cranberries instead of raisins
- Wrapped the half of stuffed squash in foil, instead of a baking dish
- Vietnamese cinnamon (it's sweet)

Thanks again for the recipe, CC!

Lee

Attachments

• Acorn squash and fruit, raw.JPG
    Acorn squash and fruit, raw.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Acorn squash and fruit, cooked.JPG
    Acorn squash and fruit, cooked.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 242

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think I will make a variation on this for Thanksgiving. I am not sure if it will be butternut or accorn squash yet but probably butternut. And I may use pecans, apple and dried cherries. Thank you for the recipe idea. :a1:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made this tonight for my roomate and she loved it!

My adaptations:

- Acorn squash instead of butternut
- Dried cranberries instead of raisins
- Wrapped the half of stuffed squash in foil, instead of a baking dish
- Vietnamese cinnamon (it's sweet)

Thanks again for the recipe, CC!

Lee
That looks wonderful Lee.

I like acorn squash, but it has a slightly different consistency/texture. I have used the same recipe for stuffed acorn squash (in the oven) in a pyrex dish, adding some boiling water. Nice Fall/Winter dish.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I like acorn squash, but it has a slightly different consistency/texture. I have used the same recipe for stuffed acorn squash (in the oven) in a pyrex dish, adding some boiling water. Nice Fall/Winter dish.
I usually make a sweet tater and accorn squash dish for thanksgiving (butter, brown sugar, maple and cinnamon added to the mashed tater and squash) the family like it. I have never made a butternut before. Which would you suggest I use?

I usually make a sweet tater and accorn squash dish for thanksgiving (butter, brown sugar, maple and cinnamon added to the mashed tater and squash) the family like it. I have never made a butternut before. Which would you suggest I use?

I keep it pretty simple, sweet potato w/ butter; or make it the star. If I do both tater & squash, I would go with acorn (for color & texture contrast) & "doll" it up. No cranberries, since I serve w/ cranberry sauce.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I keep it pretty simple, sweet potato w/ butter; or make it the star. If I do both tater & squash, I would go with acorn (for color & texture contrast) & "doll" it up. No cranberries, since I serve w/ cranberry sauce.
I meant would you use butternut or accorn squash for this recipe?

Leni

I made this last night to go with my pork loin roast. It was a hit. I used almonds instead of walnuts. Thanks CC for the recipe.