Terry's Mom has found peace

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Terry, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you cared for her so lovingly, and did everything you could to make her passing easier.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Ya'll are the best. And I am so glad to be back here with all of you.

My mother's memorial service was last Monday and it turned out to be lovely, which surprised me completely. I have never planned one of these and had no idea how or what to do. But it just sort of came together and was beautiful. Kind of reminiscent of a 60's peace march/love in/civil rights/PETA thing. Hard to explain, but it would have pleased her greatly, I think. It ended with this song:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJo_klmPcA&feature=related[/ame]

Meme4251

Terry, so glad to have you back here w/your friends which love you dearly...I'm very happy the memorial went well for you and your family. Do know mom would have been very proud of you all. Really like the ending song also. The song definitly fit the situation to a perfection. If I can help you in any way or if only you need to talk, please, as you already know, please give me a call. You take care girlfriend and God Bless you and your family.....sh/Meme

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SO glad to have you back, Terry!

The video was cool, and joyous (but I still had tears in my eyes as I watched)!.

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Thanks so much. It is good to be back.

Mom liked that song a lot, Qsis, and it fit at this particular church. She's been a member there for probably 38 years. It's one of the first kind of new-age, non-denominational churches that has a decidedly Buddhist flavor. Her service was in the Tower of Light, which was where my father's memorial was held. The reception was in the Pyramid - and yep, it's a huge, golden pyramid. My 2 oldest children were christened there in that pyramid. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• toweroflight.jpg
    toweroflight.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 112
  • pyramid.jpg
    pyramid.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 111

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Good to have you back. You have been missed.

Good thoughts to you and yours for closure and the future.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I've been away for a while so I just read this. I'm so sorry for your loss (((Hugs)))

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, biskit.

umm, one minor point, f-mom. wouldn't your children have been buddha-end, not christ-ened... ;)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That special, secret place very few have ever been to......

my armpit! LOL (Time to break out the razor, I guess.)

I see you must be another IDon'tCareI'llShaveItWhenIFeelLikeIt gal? :yum:
Makes ya feel all rebellious, don't it?.. French even! haha

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I remember in middle school, my best friend and I went a whole summer without shaving and we wore mens underwear (the tightie whities). I think we felt rebellious then, but I can't remember what we were rebelling against. I think it was that we weren't allowed to wear pants to school. Anyway, the real eye-opener was that boys still wanted to get in our pants! Apparently, they don't care if we have hairy legs or what kind of underwear we have on.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Holy Toledo, Terry.
This is supposed to be seriously speaking..
;)
I am glad you've gotten to that place, like I have.
Love you.:flowers:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Uh oh. You're right. But my mom would have been laughing too because she remembered the summer of the tightie whities. LOL