Whats cooking Sunday December 27, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i think something with chop meat is on the menu. maybe meatloaf or meat sauce or meatballs.

what about you?

Love2"Q"

getting ready to throw a small ham in the oven ...
some scalloped potatoes and some corn on the cob to go with it ..
cheese cake for dessert ..

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
My brother and his wife are taking Lou and I to one of the nearby pizza places - I have no energy to cook any longer.

homecook

A surprise for DH........he thinks I'm just making a stuffed chicken but I picked up a fresh turkey at the store today. We're going to eat in the dining room with the fancy plates and pretend it's Christmas all over again. LOL

turkey
stuffing
mashed taters
gravy
sweet taters
rolls
cranberry sauce
green bean casserole

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Nice Barb - I take it the elctric is back on.

We went to a friends& had ham & veg pie, potato wedges & veg

homecook

Awwww thats so cute Barb!! Enjoy!!! :D

Thanks Dee.........I figured since I never made him his turkey for his birthday and he didn't get it for Christmas this was the least I could do. lol

Nice Barb - I take it the elctric is back on.

We went to a friends& had ham & veg pie, potato wedges & veg

Yes, Ray, the electricity came back on about 3 yesterday. When we got home they were working on the wire in our backyard that split.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
A surprise for DH........he thinks I'm just making a stuffed chicken but I picked up a fresh turkey at the store today. We're going to eat in the dining room with the fancy plates and pretend it's Christmas all over again. LOL

turkey
stuffing
mashed taters
gravy
sweet taters
rolls
cranberry sauce
green bean casserole

That is sweet! :beer:

suziquzie

So was it just your house Barb?

Middle son asked for spaghetti and meatballs. I'm not making meatballs tonight.....no way no how!!!!
I'll just throw some hamburger in some frozen sauce. :D

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having seafood. Hubby is on his way to the grocery store to see what looks good, which is always dangerous.

homecook

Thanks Cooksie!

Suzie, we were one of three houses on our block. lol Further down the road there were others that were without power........it didn't have to do with our wire according to CEI.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Burgers (chopped beef, chopped green pepper, chopped onions, powdered porcini mushrooms, salt, pepper, Tabasco hot ketchup and Tabasco hot mustard), stove top scalloped potatoes (potatoes, onion, chives, canned mushrooms, red wine, cream of mushroom soup and a dollop of sour cream before serving), buttered steamed cauliflower and broccoli.

burger_scallopped_potatoes_122709_P1050020.JPG

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Gonna do a rack of lamb for me and filet mignon for DW (she won't eat lamb :doh:). Sides of roasted fingerling potatoes for me, baked potato for DW, peas, and garlic bread roll-ups. I'll post the piccs once I finally do the cooking. :biggrin:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DD from Florida requested Dad's pizza. Figured I would make enough for us and her brother whenever he gets home. Scratch olive oil dough, DW's homemade sweet s'ghetti sauce, chopped red onion, pepperoni and chopped up the rest of the breakfast sausage links from yesterday. DW made one of her "garbage salads" with all the veggies from SIL's veggie tray that she left here on Christmas. DS never showed up, but there's enough for him when he comes home.

P1020362.jpg

P1020365.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Pizza and burgers look good. Hubby came home with scallops and lobster tails. I'm telling you it's dangerous to send him to the grocery store alone :).

homecook

turkey
stuffing
mashed taters
gravy
sweet taters
rolls
cranberry sauce
green bean casserole

Here's my dinner.......

Attachments

• 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 110

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Burgers (chopped beef, chopped green pepper, chopped onions, powdered porcini mushrooms, salt, pepper, Tabasco hot ketchup and Tabasco hot mustard), stove top scalloped potatoes (potatoes, onion, chives, canned mushrooms, red wine, cream of mushroom soup and a dollop of sour cream before serving), buttered steamed cauliflower and broccoli.

burger_scallopped_potatoes_122709_P1050020.JPG

Man, that looks so good Peeps! :thumb:

So many of you guys keep posting Cauliflower in your recipes.....I might just have to try eating that stuff again! I've shied away from it since I was 10, but ya'll are making it look good!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I just had one of the best meals of my life! My girlfriend, who lives next door, and I made oven roasted shrimp and scallops, roasted onion potatoes, Caprese salad, and creme brulee for dessert. The balsamic vinegar I got for Christmas turned out to be incredible and made the salad heavenly. It was the first time either of us had made creme brulee and it came out perfectly. (Using the little blow torch was lots of fun, too.) I wish I had taken pics but unfortunately, there were too many guests that were too hungry to wait. LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm not a fan of lamb, but looks mighty tasty. Got any mint jelly to kill the taste of the lamb?:yum: My Croatian neighbor actually makes lamb over an open fire, and it is outstanding. Nicely seasoned and quite flavorful. My experiences with oven roasted lamb have not been so good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Man, that looks so good Peeps! :thumb:

So many of you guys keep posting Cauliflower in your recipes.....I might just have to try eating that stuff again! I've shied away from it since I was 10, but ya'll are making it look good!
thank you keltin!! we love cauliflower, especially breaded and fried.