Dinner for the 1st of December, Tuesday

homecook

I'm making Qsis' Oven "barbecued" Pork Steaks. I think fried potatoes and some kind of veg, not sure what yet.

What will you be making??

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I think we're having fish if I can get the hubby to stop on his way home and get a few things.

K

Kimchee

Probably spaghetti and meat balls, may be lazy and just make meat sauce.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have some stuffed pork chops from Robideaux's Sausage Kitchen in Iowa, Louisiana that came up here the weekend before Thanksgiving. We are thinking of doing them up tonight. Probably serve them with some dirty rice like Mama posted a while back. They are supposed to be really excellent so I will let you know. I'm having some of the boudin that came with it as well right now for lunch. Kind of a Cajun day for us I guess.

Deelady

Not sure....I went grocery shopping but it took so much out of me physically I have a feeling its going to be a pizza bagels night......I'm quite ready for this baby to come out now!!!! :(

homecook

Not sure....I went grocery shopping but it took so much out of me physically I have a feeling its going to be a pizza bagels night......I'm quite ready for this baby to come out now!!!! :(

Aww Dee, I know how you feel hun. I wish I could come make dinner for you.........hmmmmm maybe in the next week or so.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm quite ready for this baby to come out now!!!! :(
LOL I always felt the same way up until about an hour before they were born. Then I would get this panicky feeling that I hadn't gotten everything ready or I hadn't given the dogs a bath or I hadn't painted my toenails or some other goofy idea.

We're having 2 big pot roasts with french bread and lemon cake for dessert. There will be 10 here for dinner tonight so it should be fun!

Deelady

LOL I always felt the same way up until about an hour before they were born. Then I would get this panicky feeling that I hadn't gotten everything ready or I hadn't given the dogs a bath or I hadn't painted my toenails or some other goofy idea.

We're having 2 big pot roasts with french bread and lemon cake for dessert. There will be 10 here for dinner tonight so it should be fun!

LOL last time I was stressed if my legs would be shaved when I went into labor......hehe sorry men of the forum!!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
2009-12-01 16-54-30.438.jpg

2009-12-01 16-54-39.310.jpg

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting thread tonight - the wonders of birth - did you know some cultures eat the umbilical cord, others bury it.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Interesting thread tonight - the wonders of birth - did you know some cultures eat the umbilical cord, others bury it.
When my last one was born, my oldest daughter and her SO were there. She cut the cord and then scared the heck out of her boyfriend by telling him that we had a tradition of cooking and eating the placenta. She had it in a bowl in her hands as she was telling him that! LOL (We don't really do that, BTW)

Deelady

LOL do you think we have killed everyones appetite yet??:tongue:

I watched a special on people eating the placenta as a tradition....invite close family and friends over....

Great looking dinners BTW Sass and Mini!! :a1: Def beats my pea soup....

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Hey, Miniman brought it up! LOL

Sorry, everyone, if we ruined your dinners.

My dinner smells wonderful now that Barb told me what to put in there.

homecook

Good looking dinners Lollie and Ray!! Mine hasn't even gone in the oven yet. lol

Thank you Terry, I hope it turns out good!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Miniman brought it up! LOL

Sorry, everyone, if we ruined your dinners.

My dinner smells wonderful now that Barb told me what to put in there.

Just who start talking about births and the pictures that brings up - probably already had a few off their dinner.

homecook

Well, scrap my dinner tonight!! The motherboard with the controls on my oven just took a crap........it's only a year old!!! Gee and guess what the warranty runs out after a year. Go figure!!!!

I guess it's some kind of take out tonight!!!

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Well, scrap my dinner tonight!! The motherboard with the controls just took a crap........it's only a year old!!! Gee and guess what the warranty runs out after a year. Go figure!!!!

Motherboard????? You mean your oven went out?

I am going to try my hand at AllenOK's Tomato, Olive, Butter Sauce over orange roughy. Lol--had to google how to clarify butter :lol:.

Deelady

Well, scrap my dinner tonight!! The motherboard with the controls on my oven just took a crap........it's only a year old!!! Gee and guess what the warranty runs out after a year. Go figure!!!!

oh no! I'm sorry....but hey looks like hubby will be getting you a new stove to go with your mixer this year for Christmas!! ;)

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We are making cabbage soup tonight. The wife grew the cabbage in her garden and it is red cabbage. I have always used green in the past, so if it doesn't turn out right I am ordering pizza! LOL.

homecook

oh no! I'm sorry....but hey looks like hubby will be getting you a new stove to go with your mixer this year for Christmas!! ;)

No way, Dee. This is just a year old!! The old one crapped out in November of last year just before Thanksgiving and that's why we replaced it. This new one is crap.

Crossing fingers that it is something small.

Well, DH is on the phone with the service dept. I can just see it now.......chaaching!!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Ham Steak

Added crushed pineapple white raisins cinnamin and some brown sugar

Basil garlic mashed

Lima beans