2 quarts bottled clam juice, or fish broth
5 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons red (cayenne) pepper
1 1/2 pounds brie cheese, rind removed and cut into small pieces
2 cups dry champagne
3 cans of quality smoked oysters
1 cup finely minced green onion stems
Salt to taste

In a large soup pot over low heat, melt butter. Add flour and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add clam juice, or fish broth and cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until flour is absorbed. Increase heat to medium and bring just to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add heavy cream; simmer 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Add cayenne pepper and brie cheese, stirring until cheese is melted completely.
Stir in champagne, oysters, and green onion stems. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes. Season with salt. Serve in soup bowls.
Makes 8 servings.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG! This sounds just wonderful! I can imagine serving it at a New Year's Eve party and delighting all of my guests. Thanks, hot-it-up!

buckytom

Grill Master
wow, you said it f-mom! this looks awesome. so decadent. i can see this served in hollowed out bread boules. thanks, hottie.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yes! thank you Hot It Up!
Did you know, you can also use 2 quarts oyster liquid, and fresh oysters, shucked?

hot_it_up

I use fresh shucked oysters and the liquid in many oyster stews. Being that this is for smoked oysters, I went with clam juice.