10 Strange Natural Phenomena

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've seen them all except the tree climbing goats but don't doubt it either. Now if mushrooms was involved those goat would fly not just climb a tree. :mrgreen:

chilefarmer

You both have seen fish raining down!?!? :mellow: What kind of fish? And Chile Farmer.... I'm guessing you grow chilies? If so what kind? Just curious.

When I was a young man living in south East Texas. Not far from the coast, torrential rain storms were common. After such a storm our yard was covered in small catfish. I don't remember the time of year, but guessing it must of been in the spring.

Chiles, Farming has been my job for a lot of years. But am now retried.
Now I just grow a small garden.
Commercially we grew mostly Habanero, Mira sol and cayenne Chiles. About 50 acres total. We also grew other things. CF

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've heard of that before, but I've never seen it rain fish. I can just imagine the smell when it starts drying up :yuk:.

chilefarmer

I've heard of that before, but I've never seen it rain fish. I can just imagine the smell when it starts drying up :yuk:.
Cooksie, This was around Liberty Texas. The world there is very flat. I don't remember any smell. The fish were very small and the yard was covered in water. But hey, this was a long time ago. I do remember catching some, my Grand Mother would not hear of keeping them. CF

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. :yuk: Left to rot in the yard is sure to make a stink.

So what kind of garden do you have Chile??

chilefarmer

So what kind of garden do you have Chile??

Just the regular stuff. Chiles of course. Jalapeño, Mira Sol, Aleppo, Habanero and Criolla de Cocina. Tomatoes, summer squash, cucumber, collard and turnips. We also have a large yard that keep us busy. CF:smile: