Chinese New Year - Year of the Dragon

Today is the first day of the 2-week celebration of the Chinese New Year - Year of the Dragon.

Is anyone besides me planning on going out & enjoying a terrific Chinese dinner, or making one at home?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwww, I wish I had remembered it! I already have dinner planned, but it would be neat to make a Chinese meal within the next 2 weeks!

Lee

Dinner last night was great! We split an order of "Cold Spicy Chicken Peanut-Sesame Noodles" as an appetizer (MUST have noodles of some type for the Chinese New Year for luck/health/wealth/longevity, etc.), then hubby had his favorite "Mustard Shrimp" (large shrimp tossed in a spicy fragrant Chinese Mustard sauce), while I had the "Crispy Duck" (sliced roast duck breast in a mildly spicy brown sauce). We drifted into Japan by enjoying two large Sapporo beers to toast with - lol!

The Chinese New Year celebration lasts for approx. 2 weeks - till the full moon - so you all have plenty of time to celebrate!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Just leaving for the local Chinese buffet for lunch. $4.49 for AYCE, and includes sushi, mussels, shrimp & baked salmon. Urp!:yum:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
No prob. - you don't have to talk me into that!

Has anyone tried P.F. Chang's frozen dinners?

http://www.pfchangshomemenu.com/

Lee

I've never had one, but I've heard bad reviews as in "pretty foul" (Peeps, I think). One thing that I do like is the frozen Minh (maybe Mihn) pork egg rolls. I bake them at 425 convection for 9 minutes, flip and 9 more minutes. They come out pretty crispy, not like fried but still pretty good.