The Pissed Off Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
"Opinions are like azzholes..." no big deal.

"Locked thread"

You know which one really ticked me off, and there was ABSOLUTELY no call for it, the BBQ vs. Grilling thread. There was a decent discussion going on about who calls what what in different cultures. Then a mod comes in and locks it because they didn't agree with what was being written. So pathetic.

I went and read that thread... that was kinda stupid! If anything, the mods kept stirring up the fire! And the only reason it was closed is because it was getting on someone's nerves. I saw nothing in that thread that would warrant closing it... civil discussion was all I saw.

Lefty

Yank
People who block entire grocery store isles. That pisses me off big time. Its like the store is open just for them. :furious:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
People who block entire grocery store isles. That pisses me off big time. Its like the store is open just for them. :furious:

Me too... I just stand there and stare at them (tapping my foot) until they get the hell out of my way.

lilylove

speaking of grocery stores...why do they have to put the display boxes all over the place... they block the darn isles as much as other shoppers do!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I went and read that thread... that was kinda stupid! If anything, the mods kept stirring up the fire! And the only reason it was closed is because it was getting on someone's nerves. I saw nothing in that thread that would warrant closing it... civil discussion was all I saw.

The Mods & Admins have the power to silence the masses. They are like spoiled children when they don't get their way, and their little undies get in a bunch. BTW, they don't like that little cliche either. I wonder which one of them will be the first to defect and join our ranks of misfits. We're damn sure a lot more fun than some of those stuffed shirts.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Me too... I just stand there and stare at them (tapping my foot) until they get the hell out of my way.

YOU, passive-aggressive, sattie? No way! LOL!

I say " 'scuse me", softly, politely and with a smile. If that doesn't work, I yell it, no smile.

Lee

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Yea... it is kinda like we are all treated like 1st graders over there. Teachers check our posts for spelling and grammer....

Lily... my friend, he just mows over those display boxes with his cart and makes a mess! You can tell when he is in the store! "Clean up on asile 3" "Clean up on asile 8" ummmm "Clean up on asile 4"

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL

I just wish I could get food like that in a diner atmosphere.

Now, see, I wish I could get diner food in that poshier atmosphere. :smile:

Speaking of small portions of good food, stacked on smears, has ironchef made it over here yet?

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Women do this way more than men. They will stop while going through a door to talk to their girl friends. It doesn't piss me off because I find it funny just how often it happens.

PanchoHambre

I say " 'scuse me", softly, politely and with a smile. If that doesn't work, I yell it, no smile.

Lee

I have had to just roll people out of my way...

Queens NY was the worst for this... just no etiquette

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady

Lee

Ok... here is how I see it, when I shop at the grocery store, I'm aware that I am not the only one there so I do watch for people and get out of their way when I see them coming. Since I go through the trouble of trying to be courteous to others while I am shopping, I expect the same. I have had people even look at me as I am coming and just stand there with their cart sprawled across the aisle. I'm usually very nice, but after a bit... I do tend to get irritated with folks.

OH OH OH... I was shopping one time and my cart was full and heavy... so I'm trying to push this monster and this ding-dong came flying out of the aisle with his cart (on his cell phone) and turned right in front of me, making me stop. All he had to do is wait till I got by! I almost chased him down... I was gonna run his azz over with my cart!!!

lilylove

"this ding-dong came flying out of the aisle with his cart (on his cell phone) "

Maybe, we should pass a new law... NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED WHILE GROCERY SHOPPING~!!!

Wasn't the cell phone thread closed too over there...tooooo many opinions?

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
"this ding-dong came flying out of the aisle with his cart (on his cell phone) "

Maybe, we should pass a new law... NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED WHILE GROCERY SHOPPING~!!!

Wasn't the cell phone thread closed too over there...tooooo many opinions?

Probably soooo... lets start one up over here!!! :w00t2:

High Cheese

Saucier

No problem. Mine has no friggin signal inside anyway.

Wife: "Don't forget to get re......sa......pl.....e.....ooo. ....ee....important."

I'm in the middle of the isle: "WHAT?! WHAT?! ..piece of shit phone.....WHAT?!" :dizzy:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I wonder how people communicated before the damned cell phone was invented. I have a grand daughter that can't live without hers. I went 14 years without a phone the best years of my life too.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I wonder how people communicated before the damned cell phone was invented. I have a grand daughter that can't live without hers. I went 14 years without a phone the best years of my life too.

Yea... I'm with you on that! I did not have one growing up... made it through just fine!!!! Now I watch kids riding on their skateboards down busy streets texting! (In the dark too!) Here's you sign!!!

High Cheese

Saucier

I remember growing up with the family biz. We thought we were hot stuff because whe had beepers! A box the size of a cash register that would beep and blink a red light. No screen...no number to call. You just called the office number when it went off.

Our first cell phone looked like this.....

070927-old-cell-phone.jpg

...and cost like $600 for 2 minutes. Was like holding a suitcase up to your noggin.

PanchoHambre

Something else that is irking me right now is THIS
18B in bonuses! To the very people who screwed it all up to begin with.. with the GOVT bailout money....:thumb:

So basically I see it like this... my tax$ went to reward the dude who made my paycheck and my scant investments shrink... meanwhile we are closing fire engines, libraries and talking about reducing trash pick up (which only happens once a week)

Wow I wish I got a big sweet bonus when I messed up a project.:confused:

PanchoHambre

I wonder how people communicated before the damned cell phone was invented.
I have no idea.. if I leave mine at home on accident I am totally disconcerted...

I have been guiltty of some pretty bad cell phone behavior I will admit:wall:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
It's ok... at least you admit it. Hell, I can't find my cell half the time and leave it at home usually. So I miss what few calls I do get.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well I had 3 son's and a daughter but in those days only hard line telephones where available. I had a set rule in my house no phone calls made or received after 9 PM. Well I got woke up at 11:30 one evening by some 12 year old girl wanting to speak to my son. I was polite and told her he as in bed asleep and to call back before 9 PM the following day and hung up. The phone woke me up again about 1 AM and when I answered I go the blast of an air horn in my ear, end of phone for the next 14 years. I tore the phone off the wall and the lines out of the house at before I went to back to bed. Needless to say to this day I see someone with one of those hand held air horns I want to give them a free full contact karate lesson.

High Cheese

Saucier
Well I had 3 son's and a daughter but in those days only hard line telephones where available. I had a set rule in my house no phone calls made or received after 9 PM. Well I got woke up at 11:30 one evening by some 12 year old girl wanting to speak to my son. I was polite and told her he as in bed asleep and to call back before 9 PM the following day and hung up. The phone woke me up again about 1 AM and when I answered I go the blast of an air horn in my ear, end of phone for the next 14 years. I tore the phone off the wall and the lines out of the house at before I went to back to bed. Needless to say to this day I see someone with one of those hand held air horns I want to give them a free full contact karate lesson.

Holy smokes. I would have served jail-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.