Movies You Watched

joec

Gold Site Supporter
There are a couple I want to see 'W' is one that I've not been able to get my hands on yet for rental.

waybomb

The Best of Marylin Chambers was on Dish last night. I watched semi-pro instead. probably shoulda just went to sleep.

waybomb

I agree. I thought it was a bit odd. I was going to look at it out of curiousity, but failed too.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
What's the last movie you watched...

Didn't see this around anywhere, and I always like it. So let's get it going again.

Me first: Mr. Brooks. Way wicked film, not scary but just really cool and well directed I thought.

Kids watched Speed Racer ( yea OK I count myself as a big kid so I watched it to, well some of it), they loved it I didn't think much of it at all.

Who's next?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons... was actually a pretty good movie.. i am not a big Brad Pitt fan but this one was good

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Just saw Lakeview Terrace with Samuel L. Jackson. He is so awesome. The movie was a bit slower than I thought it would be, but still great.

Sounds like some here have Netflix? I love Netflix. Anyone got the Roku box for watching instantly on TV. We got that, and it is AWESOME!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Watched Dark Knight last night and it was OK. I'm not a fan of Bat Man movies though I do enjoy other comic book based movies.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
dark night - not a big fan of batman but enjoyed this one

Taken - was an awesome movie. Never had an opinion on Liam Neeson but he was great in this one..

going to watch Gran Torino tonight :whistle:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum:

Sorry, just had to laugh at myself! Despite posting to this thread three times, I started a new one cause I didn't think we had a movie thread....:huh:
jeesh memory isn't what it used to be...:sad:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Watched Gran Torino last night - - a good Eastwood offering; the story line is interesting, there are several outstanding acting efforts.
The climax has an unexpected twist to it, but not disappointing at all.
The only thing I can actually find to criticize, it would be after the movie is over and the credits are running; Eastwood sings the movie theme song ..................what was he thinking ??

Lefty

Yank
IntoTheBlue.jpg

heb1976

We watched Wanted with Angelina Jolie in it. It was pretty good. I am not an action type movie liker - but this one was cool!

We also just watched Horton Hears a Woo. It was cute, kids loved it.

We have Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (which I will be watching alone) and Fly Me To The Moon (I think I am more excited then the kids on this one).

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Meet the Spartans.... what the hell was that?
Harold and Kumar 2 ..... another what the hell was that?
Sicko...... now that was interesting!
Double Jepoardy.... Always liked that movie.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I saw Meet the Spartans last night on HBO and I also wonder what the hell that was. Parts of it was funny though I never did finish watching it as I fell asleep about 20 minutes into it.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I fell asleep about 20 minutes into it.

That's my problem. I get comfortable, start the movie, and never see the end! :mrgreen:

I got a copy of "The Sea Wolves" for Christmas. I think I will watch the first of it this afternoon. :yum:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
are you really seeing that for the 1st time Chowhound and Sattie??

Don't know about Chowhound... but it we be more like my twenteith time. There are some movies I just need to flat break myself of. But DJ has not been on in a long time so I treated myself to a rerun!

heb1976

gotcha! i was wondering cuz i know it has been out for a long time. it is a great movie. i love ashley judd & tommy is one of my favorite actors!

we have the blockbuster online rental thing. i watch way too many movies!

chowhound

I didn't think I saw it before, but once it got going I realized I had. Still..... nothing better was on and I could "watch" it while doing other stuff.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Watched Gran Torino last night - - a good Eastwood offering; the story line is interesting, there are several outstanding acting efforts.
The climax has an unexpected twist to it, but not disappointing at all.
The only thing I can actually find to criticize, it would be after the movie is over and the credits are running; Eastwood sings the movie theme song ..................what was he thinking ??

i agree with u on this one... he acted,directed and had to sing the song??

We watched Wanted with Angelina Jolie in it. It was pretty good. I am not an action type movie liker - but this one was cool!

its a must see for any Angela fans...i really enjoyed it