My Hot Cocktail Sauce

joec

Gold Site Supporter
OK warning first off is these measurement will bite you but can be modified to suite your own tastes. I like the bite but people hot adversive might not like it much.

1/4 cut Catchup of your choice ( I use Hunts)
2 tbls Kraft's processed horseradish or fresh ground
1 tbls Yeo's Chili Sauce hot (you can substitute other chili sauces but this one is hot)
Juice of a half of lemon

This is great on grilled shrimp or anything you want to have a hot catchup based sauce with.

Johnny West

OK warning first off is these measurement will bite you but can be modified to suite your own tastes. I like the bite but people hot adversive might not like it much.

1/4 cut Catchup of your choice ( I use Hunts)
2 tbls Kraft's processed horseradish or fresh ground
1 tbls Yeo's Chili Sauce hot (you can substitute other chili sauces but this one is hot)
Juice of a half of lemon

This is great on grilled shrimp or anything you want to have a hot catchup based sauce with.
I’m having one raw oysters tonight and will try this.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Joe's is the way I make it for my father, but I add a little minced onion to it.

Lee

P.S. I miss joec!

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We use ketchup, a little worchestershire, good bit of horseradish, and some lime juice. No measurements, just eyeball it and then taste and adjust. It's usually a bit spicier when craig makes it because he uses more horseradish.

I could see adding some onion, but I think I would microplane it.

Johnny West

I use ketchup and horseradish. I need to get that horseradish Ironman recommends.
I was down to the bottom of the bottle and Beaver lost it‘s potency.

Tonight’s Happy Hour… Goose Point Oysters.

E044AF30-1E7F-4699-BEE4-B1BE75B1FCFA.jpeg