3-1/2 c. milk
1 c. white wine
8 oz. monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 can baby shrimp
8 oz. crabmeat
10 flour tortillas
paprika

Sauce
Melt butter over medium heat add flour, cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Add white pepper and stir in lobster base and cook for an additional minute. Add milk and wine. Add 2 oz. of cheese and continute to cook until thickened.

Crab Mix
Lightly chop crab meat, combine with shrimp in medium size bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups of sauce. Mix well.

Enchiladas
Lay out the tortillas on a flat surface. Place 2-3 tablespoons across center of tortilla. Roll up and put in 9x13 baking dish. Ladle warm sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Put into a preheated 375 oven for about 15-10 minutes make sure to watch it doesn't get too browned on top. Sprinkle with paprika.

Barb

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I haven't had a seafood enchilada since Chi-Chi's closed on 306. Yummo!

Calicolady

I thank you for the recipe, but know I'll never make em.
You know why? They'll never taste the same or have the same atmosphere at home as they do on the carts or the little cafe restaurant I first had them.
Thank you for the memories :mrgreen:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Good God Almighty Barb!!
YUM!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW, where do I see these pics?? LOL

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I saw this in the other thread. So if you don’t mind, I’m going to bring it here too. Pics are great! These are Barb’s pics from the other thread!! I’ve got to cook this!

2m4di6o.jpg

v3f81t.jpg

homecook

Thank you Keltin!! You're a sweetie! Hope you try them!

Sass........definitely try them......they're rich and good!!

homecook

I made these again for the IC Entry. I've included more pics.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 147

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:yankchain: Another good one! I love all kinds of seafood.:yankchain: I can find chicken base, but I have never seen lobster base around here. It's hell living in podunk, tx.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
:yankchain: Another good one! I love all kinds of seafood.:yankchain: I can find chicken base, but I have never seen lobster base around here. It's hell living in podunk, tx.

I've bought lobster base. The brand name is "Better Than Bullion". It comes in a jar and can usually be found with the bullion cubes, etc. If your store carries the brand, they can probably get you the lobster flavor if you ask.

Or you can check out this link:

http://www.soupsonline.com/p-463-lobster-base.aspx

buckytom

Grill Master
wow, homey! yummo!

i've had these in mexican restsaurants as enchiladas vera cruz. oddly enough, a little toasted garlic works well in this.