Last nights date night.... :)

lilylove

So, we went out to dinner last night at this Italian place of Paul's told us about....

"It's wonderful, you'll love it" That's what he said...

I read some reviews online before we went and 90% of them said this place had great food "the best in the Bellevue area" but almost all of them said the service was not good!!

My oh my... They were wrong about the food. It was ok but as Paulie said I could have made better at home.

The service was ok... except for.... get this!! I'm still can't really believe it.

The waiter ( all the waiters were semi-good looking Italian men) brought us bread and a bottle of olive oil. Paul thought the oil tasted a little off and so told the waiter about it. Instead of just taking the bottle away and bringing us a new one... waiter took a plate from our table, poured a little oil on to it...and then grabbed a piece of our bread from our bread basket and dumped it in to the oil!! HE then took a bite of it and said the oil tasted fine to him!!!! :yuk::yuk::yuk:

Does anyone else find that rude? Shouldn't he have just taken the oil and brought us another bottle. His hands in my bread basket just irked me. YUCK!

Two dinners with no drinks and no appies came to almost 40 dollars so this wasn't a cheap place. Not high class but still...

oh...the other waiters whistled at the girl customers as they left....

homecook

So, we went out to dinner last night at this Italian place of Paul's told us about....

"It's wonderful, you'll love it" That's what he said...

I read some reviews online before we went and 90% of them said this place had great food "the best in the Bellevue area" but almost all of them said the service was not good!!

My oh my... They were wrong about the food. It was ok but as Paulie said I could have made better at home.

The service was ok... except for.... get this!! I'm still can't really believe it.

The waiter ( all the waiters were semi-good looking Italian men) brought us bread and a bottle of olive oil. Paul thought the oil tasted a little off and so told the waiter about it. Instead of just taking the bottle away and bringing us a new one... waiter took a plate from our table, poured a little oil on to it...and then grabbed a piece of our bread from our bread basket and dumped it in to the oil!! HE then took a bite of it and said the oil tasted fine to him!!!! :yuk::yuk::yuk:

Does anyone else find that rude? Shouldn't he have just taken the oil and brought us another bottle. His hands in my bread basket just irked me. YUCK!

Two dinners with no drinks and no appies came to almost 40 dollars so this wasn't a cheap place. Not high class but still...

oh...the other waiters whistled at the girl customers as they left....

Wow.......I don't know if I would want to go back and give them a second chance. Taking your bread......yewww! Rude isn't the word. I think I would have called the manager over and told him. I always tend to go higher up if I'm really dissatisified.

Sorry it wasn't the experience you expected. But at least you were with your honey>>:wub:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've gotten better treatment in a sandwich shop. First off if a waiter did that with me I would of simply gotten up and walked out never to return.

lilylove

OH THANKS!! I'm so glad that you guys feel the same way that we did!!!

We won't be going back there... nope no way!!!

For the first time in forever we didn't leave a tip either..... did I mention that we had at least 3 different waiters? Paul thinks it was four. They were very confused about who was supposed to be doing what and when they were supposed to be doing it. :)

Yep, you're right HC. I was with Paul so ...all is cool! :heart: :heart:

Biskit

Me'n'the manager would have had a nice little conversation about this episode while I was crumbling the bill into a nice, tight, little wad that would just about fit up his left nostril, then walked out.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's outrageous, Trish! I would have been aghast and probably would have left right then.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's disgusting. I can't believe he took bread out of your breadbasket. I too would have called the manager over and had a little "chat". Don't think I'd be back either.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
That is bad - he should have just replaced the oil - that is what good customer service is about.

lilylove

Maybe leaving would have been the right thing to do...but we really wanted to see if the food was worth the bad service. lol... and I'd been thinking about pasta all the live long day. :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’m thinking the Manager wouldn’t have cared. Since Lily said nearly all the reviews said the service was bad, it’s obviously a known and apparently tolerated problem. With it being so well known, the manager certainly is aware.....and obviously doesn’t care. Sad.

buckytom

Grill Master
probably, k, but good sense and protocol would demand that you tell the manager. no one should ever keep quiet when service is that bad.

it was certainly rude and disgusting. if the manager balked, then any kind of tip would have died right there.

lilylove

No tip was given Bucky... but lol.. I guess we are lacking in good sense and protocol because we never reported the behavior.

I just waited to complain to you!!! :yum:

Love2"Q"

i would have split his lip ...

not really .. but i would have thought about it ...
and i would have looked very angry ...

lilylove

Well Buzz... Paul and I have decided that we are much more picky about food than most people. I'm sure it tasted good to him.....

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Well Buzz... Paul and I have decided that we are much more picky about food than most people. I'm sure it tasted good to him.....

Okay, makes sense. It might work for me too, but when Fran is along there really needs to be cleanliness and good service. I mean, if the food was really good but served by a guy looking like the cook in the Dagwood comics I doubt I could drag her into the place.

lilylove

yeah... we're kind of picky about that too Buzz... it all looked good and clean though and the waiters did appear nice....

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
That's disgusting. I can't believe he took bread out of your breadbasket.
Why can't you believe it? He's probably the same guy who put it in the basket in the first place. Just hope to God he washed his hands before handling your bread. Those suave Italians are known to have roving hands...:yuk:

I'm a stickler for good service because I am in the service industry. I can sense an attitude in a server as soon as he/she introduces themself, and I have been know to walk out right at the introduction, knowing it's going downhill from there.

Manager, shmanager. If the owner of the establishment does not know how his or her clientele is being treated, they deserve what they get. I stopped bitching a long time ago, and just send a message by not returning. My favorite restaurants have the owner/manager visible and available, and service and food quality is never an issue. That's why they are my favorites. When I had a real job that had 20 direct reports to me, I subscribed to MBWA (Managing By Walking Around). Because my group provided service, I knew exactly how my workers were taking care of our internal customers because I was there and I watched them interact. If you hide in the kitchen all night, you don't see when a server cops an attitude, and that is potentially another customer lost.

I'm glad I work for myself, and hope to God I never have to work in a restaurant and deal with some of you customers.:yum::yum::yum: