My new 8.2" Tojiro-DP Gyutou arrived!!!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
8.2" Tojiro-DP Gyutou:
http://korin.com/Tojiro-DP-Gyutou?sc=7&category=17368

Wow! All I can say is that you guys are amazing!!!! You directed me to exactly the kind of knife that Andy would have loved for me to have. I love this knife!!!! It is exactly everything I had dreamt it would be. It is heavier than my Wushof but reminds me of it--although it is way sharper. It is beautiful and I am so excited!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped me! I really needed an upgrade and this is stupendous!!!

If you were here, you would be seeing me doing a my little happy dance around the computer. lol Woot!!!:wub:

(Can you tell that I am really excited?!!!!!)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
They really are nice knives, I have a few Tojiro knives myself. I have the 210mm DP western deba which is way heavier than the chef's knife though it looks just like the one you got from the side. Mine I've had now for going on 3 years and have yet to sharpened it as the thing just cuts bones, goes through lobster and such without a bit of problem. I also have a sheep's foot paring knife by them, a 165mm Nakiri Damascus DP, a 240mm Powder Steel gyuto and a 270mm DP Sujihiki. All of mine are about 3 years old now and have held up well. I also bought a honiseki and garasuki (boning knives) I gave as gifts to a couple of my kids.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You'll get a great amount of enjoyment out of the Toji, except when you cut yourself showing off your new knife skill to your friends. :bonk:

The steel is awesome. I gave my daughter and SIL a 270mm slicer (Sujihiki) couple of years ago and they love it. I know you'll feel the same way when you start using the Gyuto.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I already have a new mantra: Respect the knife. I will not cut myself. (repeat)

I think I am more scared of the petty than the Toji because it is so lightweight. I think the heft of the Toji reminds you it is a serious knife. I promise to be careful. I just wish Andy were here so I could share them with him! I know his kit was spectacular and expensive but he would have appreciated these as well.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Gadz. My photography bug friend is going to help me with my digital camera and I shall have pix up. I haven't had the time to play with it much although I have had it a while.

If I start playing and practising, I will be able to post more photos.