Happy new year?

Rustpot

Happy new year? What's happy about it?

I go to bed in 2011 and the cost of gas is over $3.00 a Gallon, bread cost the same as the gas, The dollar is down, no jobs, everything is made in another country, The world hates us, Some pollination is saying vote for me and I'll set you free, There are Earth Quakes, Hurricanes, tornadoes, tidal waves, heat waves, snow storms, Global warming, Global freezing, And the government is saying more taxes will solve everything.
I wake up and it's 2012, and the band plays on.......... It's a ball of Confusion that's what the world is to day.
Happy new year!?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Rustpot, I can't argue with the facts as you presented them. On the other hand, I don't choose to let that be my guiding light or to make or break my day. I just walk softly and carry a .45 ACP with extra magazines.:brows::brows:

As for the politicians, I wouldn't want to be them when they present themselves at the pearly gate. It will be like like that gameshow, Last Man Standing...Buh-Bye! :yum:

Biskit

Tell ya what, I woke up this morning with all my fingers, toes, my eyes and ears work. Had a good breakfast. Got into my pickup and drove myself down to the coffee shop for a cup with my friends. My wife, who still loves me after 20 years, is here at home with me. Tomorrow? I have a paid holiday from my job which I have little fear of losing, unless I screw it up myself, and Tuesday, I go back to work at that job. My roof doesn't leak, the heat works, I have my shop full of tools and toys.
Lots of people have none or only a few of the above mentioned things. Yup! I'm a happy boy! :wink:
Oh, yeah, I'm still paying too much for gas and groceries, but, I can live with that.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tell ya what, I woke up this morning with all my fingers, toes, my eyes and ears work. Had a good breakfast. Got into my pickup and drove myself down to the coffee shop for a cup with my friends. My wife, who still loves me after 20 years, is here at home with me. Tomorrow? I have a paid holiday from my job which I have little fear of losing, unless I screw it up myself, and Tuesday, I go back to work at that job. My roof doesn't leak, the heat works, I have my shop full of tools and toys.
Lots of people have none or only a few of the above mentioned things. Yup! I'm a happy boy! :wink:
Oh, yeah, I'm still paying too much for gas and groceries, but, I can live with that.

And I'm with you, too, Biskit!

I have people I love and who love me, I have my senses, can walk and can think (though my memory isn't what it used to be) and can appreciate the good things I have.

Life is not easy, but I do remember to count my blessings.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I think it just depends upon how you look at things. Things could always be worse.

As for me...I'm Blessed far more than I deserve.

Rustpot

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You Folks are up people! :a1::tiphat:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I believe our world situation effects older people more than younger people. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In such a short time we watched the world go to pot. We remember when gas was 25cent a Gallon, a brand new car cost $2000., A new home cost 30 or 50 Thousand. A kid could cash in a Soda pop bottle and get 2cents a bottle, gum cost 1cent, Candy bar cost 5cents. All this changed almost overnight. Younger people only know that Gas has always cost $3.00 a Gallon, Candy bar always cost over a Dollar, And Bottles are thrown in the trash. :furious:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]But Hay! It's all Mashugana![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Did anyone notice that in my rant I used liens from The Temptations song: “It a ball of Confusion” :wink:[/FONT]

Happy new year? What's happy about it?

I go to bed in 2011 and the cost of gas is over $3.00 a Gallon, bread cost the same as the gas, The dollar is down, no jobs, everything is made in another country, The world hates us, Some pollination is saying vote for me and I'll set you free, There are Earth Quakes, Hurricanes, tornadoes, tidal waves, heat waves, snow storms, Global warming, Global freezing, And the government is saying more taxes will solve everything.
I wake up and it's 2012, and the band plays on.......... It's a ball of Confusion that's what the world is to day.
Happy new year!?

Good grief!! Lighten up Rustpot. The fact you wake up every morning is enough to be happy about. I'm no spring chicken, but I certainly don't wake up thinking about the sadness about the world that you do.

You sound kind of depressed. Maybe you should mention this the next time you have a physical checkup.