2 cups rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cubed

Preparation:

Prepare crust by beating the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
Reduce to low and slowly add flour and salt just until combined.
Press dough onto bottom of baking pan so that bottom is completely covered. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
Remove from oven and set aside until filling and topping are ready.

To make crumb topping, combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Cut the cold butter into oatmeal mixture; you can then use your hands to combine the mixture until the topping is in clumps about the size of a pea.
Place apple filling over crust then drizzle the caramel sauce over the apples and then press crumb topping down lightly over apple layer so that it is completely covered.
Bake for about 30 minutes in center of oven or until topping is lightly browned and set.

Attachments

• 102_3301.JPG
    102_3301.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,016

Saliha

Filling:
1 can apple pie filling
1/2 jar caramel ice cream topping

Thanks for sharing this recipe but as here might be difficult to find similar products like these two, I am quite sure I need to make them at home (or use some quite same local products). Because of this, could you tell me what is the size of can and jar you have used?

:flowers:

Last edited:

homecook

Thanks for sharing this recipe but as here might be difficult to find similar products like these two, I am quite sure I need to make them at home (or use some quite same local products). Because of this, could you tell me what is the size of can and jar you have used?

:flowers:

For the Apple pie filling I used a 20oz. can. I imagine you could cook down your own apples with typical apple pie spices to make about 2 cups filling. The caramel sauce was Smuckers caramel sauce in a 12 oz. jar.

I hope that helps you......