"Eggplant Stuffed Meatballs"

Embryodad

I posted some pics of these Eggplant Meatballs....a while back, but the actual written method is easy.
I make my favorite meatballs mix.
usually ground beef
bread crumbs
egg
grated cheese
salt pepper / seasonings of Oregano / Basil / parsely. etc.

I blanch zebra peeled & cubed egg plant in boiling water for a few minutes to get it soft.
Drain and press out the excess water, and when cooled, add it to the meat mix. Form them in oval and flattened about 2 inches long, and fry till browned on both sides.

I layer the meatballs in a baking pan, and add sauce, cheese, and olive oil on top, and bake about 40 / 45 minutes covered at 350F.

Personally, I like them just fried, and as a side by my macaroni with a small amount of sauce.

Click to open pics of the meatballs.
http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=247065&postcount=9

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's just brilliant, Jimmy - why did I never think of it???

I will try that with my remaining baby eggplants!

Great photos!

Thank you!

Lee

Embryodad

That's just brilliant, Jimmy - why did I never think of it???

I will try that with my remaining baby eggplants!

Great photos!

Thank you!

Lee
Haaaaa.... just remember. Hold on to those meatballs as you form them.
Adding the eggplant makes em slippery. Like trying to hold on to that bar of Ivory Soap, only remembering, the soap floats, but the meatballs don't.
I don't know what made me say that, but I've noticed, I say and ask a lot of strange things lately.... LOL

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Could I chop or grind the eggplant smaller before adding to the beef or would that change the texture to much?

Embryodad

Could I chop or grind the eggplant smaller before adding to the beef or would that change the texture to much?
That is a good question, and I think it would be ok, but the larger chopped pieces are more rewarding in taste as you eat the meatballs.