More rain - I'm beginning to grow mold........

It's so wet outside that I'm growing mold all over the place. Maybe we'll get a tiny bit of sun today but I'm not too hopeful.

For something to keep me out of trouble I'm planning to make some basil flat bread and use some of the lovely basil Ian's growing out in the planters on the patio. It smells so wonderful! I just love to rub the leaves and then get that beautiful odor on my fingers...it smells so fresh and clean. It's going to be yummy in flat bread, too, I think. I wish I could make the kind of flat bread that Chilifarmer's wife makes. Her's always looks so lush.

As of yesterday, it's official. We're going to have a boy! Ian's so excited he's just way over the moon about it and we've already got him named, too. After my grandfather and Ian's family names, as well, he's to be Kieran Peter. I'm not sure but I think Ian's already got him registered at either Oxford or Harvard. The man has such large dreams, for sure. Our child will probably want to attend East Overshoe U. in Oshkosh or some place like that and become an underwater basket weaver!

Fallon :whistling:

Lefty

Yank
Congrats on the wonderful news! I can relate to rain as you can see in my other post. I think I may sticky this thread for a week so other members can see the announcement!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Fallon & Ian!!!!!!! :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap:
How exciting.

Thanks for the pointer Lefty. Good job!!!!!!! :D

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations to both of you and good luck with the dreams for your kids. They most form their own ideas eventually, some good, some not so good. I now accumulating great grand kids and can't keep up with this family that breeds like mink. :huh:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Congratulations to you both! Lol at Ian already having him registered at Harvard/Oxford.....that's planning ahead :thumb:

Thank you, everyone, for all those kind words. Yes, I'm kind of chuckling at my husband myself, for all his grandiose plans. The first outfit we buy for our little man is bound to be a tiny Red Sox uniform, I'll bet. Hopefully, Daddy won't be too disappointed if Junior decides to become a baseball player........and I don't think they teach that coarse at Harvard!

Ian did, indeed, get the cat pen put up this morning and is now in a hot shower, as he got kind of soaked with a cold shower while he was building. I'll have to get a couple of photos of both the cat pen and my flat bread (turned out not too bad, actually) and post them later. I'm really proud of Ian's building abilities....I just hope the cats enjoy the pen outside. Now they're saying that beginning this weekend it's supposed to get very hot here - up in the high 80's by Monday or so. At least my big tomato plant will produce in the near future if it gets enough sun and Miracle Gro. Hopefully! I just hope that Maine will also get some warm weather and sun so that poor Lefty can dry out. 8 inches of rain really sucks.

Fallon

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations on the news of your baby boy, Fallon and Ian!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of EVERYTHING the two of you produce, from baby, to cat pen, to bread! LOL!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh Fallon that is WONDERFUL news!!!!!! Congratulations! How exciting!!!!!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the name yinz chose is awesome.
(piper fallon or fallyn is the only name blake & i both really, really like when we have a baby, if we have a girl. luved that name for years.:smile:)

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
So exciting. Congrats! Love the name. My husband and son are both Peter. One we call Pete. Our daughter is expecting her second son and is considering the name, but thinks we may have enough with that name :). I suggested using it for middle name. Their two year old is Jack Christian.

Thank you, Belaine. Incidently, if your daughter has any interest in Gaelic names, I've a huge list of them - both girls and boys - that I'd be delighted to share. My family is shot full of Gaelic names and so is Ian's, although his name (Ian) is Scottish. But everyone in his family is either English or Irish and most all of mine are Irish. With the last name of O'Kane, it's certainly not German or French.......although I'd kill to have a gorgeous name like Simone or Danielle, for example, or one of the ever-so-sexy French names like that! I thoroughly detest mine, but I guess many people dislike their names, don't they? But so many times as I grew up I wondered to myself, what were my parents thinking?

Fallon

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Our daughter is thinking of Kieran as well. Her husband is Irish. I am scottish, my mothers family migrated to Canada (PEI) in the 1700's. I was born in America.