Whats on your plate 8/30/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Veggies, pasta or rice and clams. I'm not quite sure how it will be put together yet.

Any plans on what will be on your plate?

K

Kimchee

Got a bit of leftover steak that will become beef stroganoff over egg noodles, with canned corn (gasp) and a salad.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure what I want yet.
Fried chicken does sound good, then again so does just a pan fried burger in onion gravy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Not sure what I want yet.
Fried chicken does sound good, then again so does just a pan fried burger in onion gravy.
OH YUMMY!! I'll take a fried breast or wing and a small burger with gravy (and 4 crispy fries to dip!! ) LOL

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I put a hunk of turkey breast in the crockpot this morning. It only weighs a little more than a kilo, so it should be done by lunchtime. I discovered this recipe awhile back. It has two ingredients: turkey breast and an envelope of Lipton Onion soup. Period. I am not one to use processed foods in my cooking, but this makes such a tender and moist and flavorful breast of turkey that I make an exception. Liption Onion soup mix is hard to find here, so when I find some, I hoard it just for this recipe.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
fried chicken legs (flour, crushed ritz crackers, Old Bay (I love this stuff!), mixed herbs -fried in peanut oil)

leftover mashed potatoes and Birdseye Steamfresh garlic baby peas and mushrooms <~ which are the bomb!

Got more chickie legs to take for work dinner over the next few days!

2010-08-30 16-38-46.413.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Sassie! Your chicken looks perfect! Those legs could be the poster children for fried chicken. Yummy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh Sass!! That looks fantastic!! I have to try those peas. Can you send me a plate?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Baked clams, cherry tomato salad and linguine topped with sautéed veggies (EVOO, fresh garlic, fresh basil, oregano, onions, eggplant, green & yellow squash, red, green, yellow & orange bell peppers, quartered mushrooms caps, burgundy wine, herbs & spices and tomato sauce).

baked_clams_linguine_veggies_tomato_salad_083010_P1060241.JPG

Baked clams

baked_clams_083010_1_P1060237.JPG

baked_clams_083010_2_P1060238.JPG

Last edited:

Blues Man

looks great Peep!

Baked clams, cherry tomato salad and linguine topped with sautéed veggies (EVOO, fresh garlic, fresh basil, oregano, onions, eggplant, green & yellow squash, red, green, yellow & orange bell peppers, quartered mushrooms caps, burgundy wine, herbs & spices and tomato sauce).

baked_clams_linguine_veggies_tomato_salad_083010_P1060241.JPG

Baked clams

baked_clams_083010_1_P1060237.JPG

baked_clams_083010_2_P1060238.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Peeps, I am jonesing for some of your clams. Your whole plate looks beautiful. I love that plate with the red swirly things! We had marinated vegetables left over from yesterday, some cold sliced turkey, some watermelon, and I made a new batch of focaccia. I'm not used to regulating the new oven yet, so it got pretty brown, but we both agreed that we like it even better that way. LilyLove - enjoy your watermelon...all the time we have been in Mexico, we've never had a watermelon as good as the ones we used to get from Hermiston, Oregon. There's alot of watermelon here, year around, but I think there is something about extreme seasonal change that is essential for growing some things.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 133

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Karen. I got the plate and a matching bowl at the Dollar Tree $1.00 each.

I want some of your bread!! Your dinner looks good and now I want ice cold watermellon.

I also love your plates and bowls.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Sassie! Your chicken looks perfect! Those legs could be the poster children for fried chicken. Yummy.
Thanks Karen, but.. you don't know about the legs that burned slightly or the ones that stuck to the skillet with half the skin pulled off.:lol:
Of course I chose the prettier ones to plate! lol
The other leggies have been used in a chicken salad for my work lunches this week.. will post my on the spot crazy recipe later.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps, that's nice. Love the plate too.
Karen, what can I say?
Everything you make is lovely, colourful and wonderful. :)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh thanks, Sass, you're so nice! Peeps, I can think of nothing happer right now than breaking bread with you - wish we could!