Sunday-August 29-2010-Dinner

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Comfort food today.
Chicken and noodles over whipped potatoes, radish/tomato/cabbage/onion in sesame ginger dressing (that is, if I have all those vegetables on hand, otherwise, I'll wing it)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We're off to a potluck, aka "The Nayarit Sunday Supper Club". Made this antipasto, and some foccacia to go with it. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 102
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 113

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think eggplant parm with fettucini and not sure if I have another veggie. Maybe some baby spinach if it hasn't gone funny.

lilylove

Just finished making chicken veggie soup. I was going to add noodles later but those dumplings sound so good! Might thicken the soup up add some peas and corn and do a fake chicken and dumplings! :) :) :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're off to a potluck, aka "The Nayarit Sunday Supper Club". Made this antipasto, and some foccacia to go with it. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

Lucky potluckers! That platter of goodies and the foccacia are just beautiful.

I'm such a pig!!!!! I ate two plates of the chicken and noodles.
:lol:
View attachment 8155

Wow, Sass, beautiful picture and food. I think you have officially graduated from the High Cheese's School of Plating :thewave: . His pic's are beautiful, and I find myself looking up his old threads just to see how he puts things together on the plate.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie. Yup, I've been studying all of your plates and looking at particular recipes online that include something I might be preparing and try to make it look nice enough to share on here.
Looking back now, I feel goofy about some of the zingers/horrid ones I've posted.
You're very kind.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie. Yup, I've been studying all of your plates and looking at particular recipes online that include something I might be preparing and try to make it look nice enough to share on here.
Looking back now, I feel goofy about some of the zingers/horrid ones I've posted.
You're very kind.

Lol--I have a whole stash of zingers. Don't feel goofy :).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sass that picture looks wonderful!! Can you send me a plate of that?!?!

I also have posted many not so great pictures!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner was Breaded & fried eggplant, linguine with meatballs and spinach salad. (Eggplant parm got veto'd, but I have some left over so maybe tomorrow)

fried_eggplant_082910_P1060233.JPG

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps.
As for your dinner.. Mmmmm mmmmm mmmm!!
You're eating just right girl, love the eggplant!

PanchoHambre

Some snapshots from todays grillout. I was sort of running around dealing with dogs and people so the pics are not great or complete but here is a sampling.
picture.php

Hamburgers Courtesy my neighbor who is a burger artist.. will say the fresh ground from the market makes a difference

picture.php
picture.php

pork chops in a mesquite rub w grilled corn and slaw
picture.php

grilled eggplant for making into a dip later... the whole bunch was a buck at market so...
picture.php
picture.php

GrillinFools Mayo Chicken... mine did not come as pretty as his but hey I never do get there... great method though moistest boneless skinless breasts ever
picture.php

Venison burgers thanks to another neighbors contribution

I have to say that gas grill I got does suck but it was convenient. I think if I replace the grates and the vaporizers with better ones it will improve. Not sure if I care to make the investment in a free grill though.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps, Sass and Cooksie for the nice compliments. So many nice meals today! Thanks to everyone who took the time to share pictures with us today...Peepes, I love that eggplant, and Sass's noodles look home-made! Are they? I would have eaten at least two plates of that. Blues and Panch - thanks for the great pics.

Our potluck was scrumptious - gumbo, sausages, wonderful salads, even some sushi! The focaccia disappeared fast. Peeps - I posted the recipe on the bread forum: http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=197459#post197459

The antipasto was just some veggies in a vinaigrette (1 cop EVOO, 1 cup red wine vinegar, juice of one lemon, salt, pepper, 4 or 5 cloves of minced garlic, a little bit of sugar). I blanched the cauliflower, carrots and asparagus first. I think they have better color and texture than raw. Had three kinds of salami, ham (couldn't find prosciutto in our supermarket this weekend), provolone and asiago cheeses. It's always a crowd pleaser and easy to make.

Thanks again for all your encouragement.

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oops, Peeps - I think I may have also added some Italian seasoning to the vinaigrette. It's good with Parm cheese, too.

buckytom

Grill Master
very nice panch, blues, peeps, and especially karen.

don't take this the worng way, but man, am i craving your antipasto or what...

we had a fun day in vermont at the pico mountain adventure center (where i donated about 6 inches of skin from each arm and my left leg to the alpine slide), and then stopped off at lake george on the way home to go to the arcades and eat.

we ended up getting a quick italian dinner since i had to be back in at work early. we went to gino and tony's for minestrone, chicken parm, and manicotti.

it was pretty good for a tourist trap area.

High Cheese

Saucier
Great food everyone! I see Pancho is breaking in that grill, lol.

Leftover pork shoulder turned into stuffed poblanos with spicy pork and cheddar...

IMG_9226.jpg

Then the Ragu from the pork bone was piled on top of a mound of homemade linguine...

IMG_9230.jpg

I found a reason to finally open this bottle...

IMG_9231.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Yes Karen the noodles were homemade (from the Amish)the chicken is leftover rotisserie that I'd had in the freezer, base is 1/2 small can chicken broth,1/2 can cream of chicken soup, shredded carrot, a little onion and poultry seasoning.

Wow Cheese! :)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Cheese - I love your poblanos...and the ragu! Breathtaking...all of this wonderful homemade pasta is inspiring. My mother used to make noodles. She would mix the dough, knead it, roll it out with a rolling pin (the hard part) and then cut the strips and hang them all over the dining room chairs to dry a bit before cooking them. They were SO good that I was spoiled, and was so disappointed the first time I used dried egg noodles from a package. Can't buy fresh pasta here - most of the carbs are supplied by corn products. I don't have a pasta machine, either. Maybe I'll get brave (or hungry) and make some noodles the old fashioned way soon.

BT, sounds like you had a great day. As hard as you work, I really salute you for using your scant time off to spend time with your family.