Dinner, August 25th, 2010?

buckytom

Grill Master
what's on your menu for this wednesday, august 25th?

dw has to go to a wake in south jersey, so i get to cook dinner for my boy and i. i'm looking forward to it as i should actually have the time to pull it off.

if i the fish at the store looks good, i'm gonna pick up some clams to steam with garlic, lemon, and parsley as an appy.

then, i was thinking of doing a thai style fish for dinner. it's panko fried flounder topped with a slaw of unripened mango, red onion, cucumber, carrot, cilantro, fish sauce, and lime.

if not, then i was thinking of a zuppa di pesce (shrimp, mussels, scallops), with fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden, flavoured with a little hot italian sausage.

if the fish doesn't look so good, then it'll probably be sunday gravy made with the hot sausage, turkey meataballs, pork rib ends, and garden veggies. pasta on the side.

what's on your menu?

K

Kimchee

Leftover fried chicken, mashed taters, graaaavy, and a salad.
Repeat of last night's but it is a favorite so that's cool.

lilylove

I have to go grocery shopping when I leave work today... Since I won't be getting home until late and Paul will be even later still, I think I'll just buy one of those pre-roasted chickens and serve it with a Greek like salad.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to get a lot cooler so I plan on using the leftover chicken for some chicken noodle soup.

Leni

Leftover tamale pie and leftover chili with veggies from the garden. Maybe a salad. Corn bread. Satsuma plum pie for dessert.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am deciding how to make my chicken. I received my Ideal sweetner so I am planning to make corn muffins.

mhend

Mama, I made your Sloppy Joe's for my parents. My dad LOVED it. Had to leave him the recipe! Thanks for sharing it! :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Boneless/skinless Chicken breasts pan seared in cast iron pan then pan placed in oven to finish roasting, package gravy made in pan drippings (because I still don't have chicken stock), baked sweet potatoes (with butter, pinch pumpkin pie spice, pinch Ideal Brown sugar & splash sugar free maple syrup), steamed baby spinach, steamed mixed veggies (corn off the cob, carrots & peas & pearl onions) and corn muffins (made with Ideal Brand sweetener for baking).

chicken_breast_sweet_tater_082510_P1060222.JPG

Corn muffins (made with Ideal Brand sweetener for baking)

mini_corn_muffins_ideal_sweetener_082510_P1060224.JPG

Last edited:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Oh you guys, this is embarrassing. DW went out to eat with the girls, I'm on (sort of) a diet so I had nothing but some little locally made garlic sausages and a bottle of wine. Do I feel like I lost weight? Nada.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Mama, I made your Sloppy Joe's for my parents. My dad LOVED it. Had to leave him the recipe! Thanks for sharing it! :)

You're welcome! I'm glad he liked it!

Boneless/skinless Chicken breasts pan seared in cast iron pan then pan placed in oven to finish roasting, package gravy made in pan drippings (because I still don't have chicken stock), baked sweet potatoes (with butter, pinch pumpkin pie spice, pinch Ideal Brown sugar & splash sugar free maple syrup), steamed baby spinach, steamed mixed veggies (corn off the cob, carrots & peas & pearl onions) and corn muffins (made with Ideal Brand sweetener for baking).

chicken_breast_sweet_tater_082510_P1060222.JPG

Corn muffins (made with Ideal Brand sweetener for baking)

mini_corn_muffins_ideal_sweetener_082510_P1060224.JPG

Very nice Peeps!

It was clean out the fridge night here.

Last edited by a moderator:

PanchoHambre

Oh you guys, this is embarrassing. DW went out to eat with the girls, I'm on (sort of) a diet so I had nothing but some little locally made garlic sausages and a bottle of wine. Do I feel like I lost weight? Nada.

I have had many a similar dinner Buzz nothing wrong there sounds pretty good.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, your dinner is SO beautiful - your family is so fortunate! Pancho - I'm waiting to see those chorizo meatballs; I hope you take a pic before you eat them. We had calzones - I made bread this morning and refrigerated half the dough to use for calzones, and it worked out pretty good. They were not picture-perfect, but they did taste good. Vanilla bean ice cream for dessert later.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 171

PanchoHambre

Pancho's gringo meatballs

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

chorizo & ground beef meatballs flavored with jalepeno. cilantro and cojita in roasted tomato sauce w white rice

improvised fusion using stuff meant for other recipes that never happened results good. Could have used a veggie on the side but oh well... jalepenos count right?

Blues Man

Grilled pork tenderloin, fresh picked carrots and sweet corn, cheese mashed potatoes and homemade bruschetta. (yes I took a bite before I could get the picture taken!)

100_1390.jpg

Heres the bruschetta....

100_1387.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Very nice meatballs Pancho!

WOW Blues!! I want those creamy taters!! YUMMY!!

Blues Man

Wow - That looks great.
Pancho's gringo meatballs

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

chorizo & ground beef meatballs flavored with jalepeno. cilantro and cojita in roasted tomato sauce w white rice

improvised fusion using stuff meant for other recipes that never happened results good. Could have used a veggie on the side but oh well... jalepenos count right?

Blues Man

Very nice Karen!
Peeps, your dinner is SO beautiful - your family is so fortunate! Pancho - I'm waiting to see those chorizo meatballs; I hope you take a pic before you eat them. We had calzones - I made bread this morning and refrigerated half the dough to use for calzones, and it worked out pretty good. They were not picture-perfect, but they did taste good. Vanilla bean ice cream for dessert later.