NCT Cooks Challenge 14 Aug 2- Aug 9 PIG!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
:w00t:

Karen! That looks incredible! Absolutely amazing. From the food, plating, all the way down to the plate itself! AWESOME!!! :clap:

Wonderful job!

Uh....got any leftovers????? :biggrin:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L, Karen!

I guess I need to enter the biscuits and sausage gravy I made this morning.

Attachments

• breakfast1.jpg
    breakfast1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 154
  • breakfast.jpg
    breakfast.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 155

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I can buy Spam here, but it is always in the "imported gourmet" section and costs the equivalent of about $7 USD a can! Haven't eaten any Spam in years, but it is good fried.
Wow Karen. I can get a can of it at the dollar store here for, yes.. $1.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Mama - I love the biscuits and gravy! And the eggs are gorgeous. I can almost taste it. I cannot buy pork sausage here, and I've tried to make my own from ground pork, but the ground pork here is so lean that it didn't turn out right. Next step is to grind my own pork and use a fattier piece of meat. Also - my biscuits are nothing to write home about!

Keltin said:
Uh....got any leftovers?????

Actually, I have enough leftover pork to make a a couple of tostadas for our lunch tomorrow. Can you catch an early flight?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Y'all! I'm really enjoying playing with the photo editor on this laptop...in case y'all hadn't noticed :lol:. It's so much nicer than the software on my desktop.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Pig is a hit, and everything is looking just loverly :bounce::bounce:.

Thanks Y'all! I'm really enjoying playing with the photo editor on this laptop...in case y'all hadn't noticed :lol:. It's so much nicer than the software on my desktop.

What kind of phot editor did you get, Mama?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It came preloaded on the laptop. The laptop is an HP Pavilion dv-4087cl Entertainment Notebook and the photo editor is called HP MediaSmart. I got it at Sam's Club. You can do all kinds of neat stuff with it.

Blues Man

WOW!

Too hot to make porchetta, so this will be my "pig" entry - a refreshing summer salad made with pork tenderloin, nectarines, plums, avocados, tomatoes, and lettuce, garnished with toasted almonds. The dressing is made with balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, EVOO and seasonings. I posted the recipe link from AR over on today's dinner thread. I modified the recipe a bit, and we loved it. We ate every bite and almost licked out the dish.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Nice presentation on the pulled pork, Bluesman. Looks delicious, and Keltin's gonna love that black plate!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Very nice looking dinner BluesMan! I like that little square bowl that the BBQ sauce is in.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
And one more thing - that is THE way to serve pulled pork, IMHO. Don't mix the sauce into the pork, but let people add their own sauce, so that the sauce does not overpower the taste of the pork. Good job.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Blues, my Hoosier neighbour.. that pork is gorgeous and very much like we Buckeyes serve pulled pork (as I am sure you know).. a sauce on the side and a little on top.
I have a good friend Brian who runs a place called The Hickory Pit BBQ here in Delphos.
Your plate has me jonesin' for some of his Q.
Looks fabulous ;)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sausage, green and red bell peppers, onions, (sea salt, ground pepper, ground red pepper flakes, garlic, fresh basil, fresh oregano, burgundy wine and tomato puree) and garlic bread on the side.

sausage_peppers_080810_P1060131.JPG

Last edited:

Blues Man

I mix my pork in a vinegar, red pepper and spice mixture to give the pork a little kick and always serve the bbq sauce on the side.

And one more thing - that is THE way to serve pulled pork, IMHO. Don't mix the sauce into the pork, but let people add their own sauce, so that the sauce does not overpower the taste of the pork. Good job.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I mix my pork in a vinegar, red pepper and spice mixture to give the pork a little kick and always serve the bbq sauce on the side.
Have you posted the recipe? I would love the recipe or link Blues.

Blues Man

Here you go!

1-1/2 Cups Cider Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
2 Teaspoons Course Black Pepper
1-1/2 Teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes

1 Teaspoon smoked paprika

Heat on low until the sugar is dissolved.

spoon over warm pulled pork, mix and serve.

Have you posted the recipe? I would love the recipe or link Blues.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Here you go!

1-1/2 Cups Cider Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
2 Teaspoons Course Black Pepper
1-1/2 Teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
1 Teaspoon smoked paprika

Heat on low until the sugar is dissolved.

spoon over warm pulled pork, mix and serve.
Thank you Blues!!