Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Fry bread mix:
4 C. white flour
1/2 t. salt
1 T. baking powder
1 3/4 C. lukewarm water
Indian taco toppings:
1 22-oz. can of chili beans (or make your own pot of beans)
4 large ripe tomatoes
1 head of lettuce
2 lbs. hamburger
1 lb. cheddar cheese

Fry bread:
Combine all dry ingredients. Add water and knead until dough is soft but not sticky. Add more flour if needed.

Let dough sit for 4 hours and knead occasionally. Shape dough into balls the size of a small apple.

Roll out dough to the size of a tortilla. Dough should be about 1/2-inch thick.

Poke a small hole in the middle.

Fry dough mixture in hot vegetable oil; oil should be about an
inch deep.

Brown on both sides. Drain and serve hot. (A shortcut for flour mixture is Gold Medal Self-Rising Flour and water; 4 cups self-rising flour and 2 cups lukewarm water.)

Indian taco toppings:
Cook hamburger and season to your taste. Prepare beans. Dice tomatoes, chop cheese, shred lettuce. Spread meat and bean mixture on hot bread, top with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.​

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
These are good! I use a mix that I get from the reservation in Arizona which is really good :)

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
i got this recipe while working outside of Phoenix at a reservation actually

Really? Which one? This one is off of the reservation in Parker which is in the middle of the Mohave along the Colorado river

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
shoot i cant remember the name ..i have CRS disease.lol

i know it wasnt far from Casa Grande(i was living halfway between Maricopa and Casa Grande at the time.)

Really? Which one? This one is off of the reservation in Parker which is in the middle of the Mohave along the Colorado river