Whats Cooking NCT Sunday 11/9/14 to Sat 11/15/14?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made a big pot of chicken soup. Served over brown rice and topped with fresh grated parm and romano cheeses.

Embryodad

Tina and DIL Sherrie cranking out the Pierogi for today's supper. They made around 13 dozen.
I am so full, I think I ate a Dozen Myself! Embarassed

DD stopped by and picked up 3 dozen or so for her supper tonight.
DD isn't in to making stuff like that. She will cook, and is the Baker in the family.

Embryodad

I made a big pot of chicken soup. Served over brown rice and topped with fresh grated parm and romano cheeses.

Sounds great peeps!
That's the way we eat the chicken soup. With the grated cheese on it!

I have to get around to making Chickarina Soup One of these days.
With the little meat balls in the soup!

When my Daughter was little, she used to run around the house with her thumbs under her arm pits, and flapping her elbows strutting around like a chicken, and singing, "Chick Chick Chickarina Soup!"
Copying the song from the commercial on TV for the Progresso Ad for their "Chickarino Soup!"

If my memory serves me right, didn't you mention a while ago, that one of your daughters liked the chickarino soup??

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. You need to slow down or you're gonna swell up and look like a ravioli yourself. :yum: I know, it's really hard to not eat until they're gone...it's out job as husbands and fathers to leave no prisoners on the plate. :yum:

Anywhoo, tonight was medallions of pork tenderloin (pan fried & very tender), sweet potato & mixed steamed veggies. Fresh peanut butter cookies for dessert. Mmmmmm.....

Attachments

• Dinner 110914.jpg
    Dinner 110914.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 198

Embryodad

The pork tenderloins loook good Joe! Haven't had that in ages.

Yeah! I hear ya on the over indulging on the pierogi, but it's like Home Mades, and it sets up an appetite in a voracious manner! .... It's like you said about leaving no prisoners on the plate; or in the pot!

Tina's Pierogi are a far cry from those glue made Mrs. "T"'s in the bag.
I fasted all day till supper; just to fill my gullet with great food.
Right now, I feel empty, and there are some leftover in the fridge, but Naw! That would be one heck of a midnight snack.
Heck....I'll work it off tomorrow doing work around the house and yard B-4 The snow flies!

Embryodad

Supper was from Red Lobster.... Tina brought take out when she took DIL's mother for lunch there.

I had coleslaw... flounder broiled...shrimp scampi, fried shrimp ; clam strips , a baked potato with sour cream. Two of their rolls. I had chessman cookies for dessert. I'm full.

Embryodad

Had the sausage and peppers and onions I made last night.
Had it over rigatoni macaroni's.
A plain, a powdered , and a cinnamon and sugar doughnut.

Tina and GD had pierogi, and Gabe had chicken, mashed taters, and beans. Ice cream for dessert.

Embryodad

quinoa salad & adult beverages.
Hahahaha....

I never heard of quinoa.....and I pronounced it kwin - oh - ahh!
DD blew her drink through her nose from laughing. .... It was so darn funny!
Every time I see it, I think of DD making fun of me! .....

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Vegetable Frittata topped with Mozzarella. Bacon & toast for sides. Love breakfast for dinner.

Attachments

• Dinner 111114-1.jpg
    Dinner 111114-1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Dinner 111114-2.jpg
    Dinner 111114-2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 173

Embryodad

Vegetable Frittata topped with Mozzarella. Bacon & toast for sides. Love breakfast for dinner.
Wow!.... I'm ready to help eat that right now Joe!!

Bacon is cooked the way I love it!.... DW will make hers browned to the burn point, or will pick out the meat and leave the translucent parts....
I can't figure her out. Yet she will eat pigs feet jelled, and head cheese, and gobble it up. God forbid there is a piece of fat on her ham or bacon! I give up!

Embryodad

Tina was at the Dr's ( again ) and she brought home from the deli, a roast beef sammich for me, and a ham and cheese sammich for Gabe!....

Tina doesn't know what she wants so far. She just had some stuffed clams.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Pork stir fry with veggie fried rice. Stir fry loaded with onion, zucchini, carrots, orange pepper, broccoli & cauliflower. The rice has onion, carrots, eggs corn & green beans. A veggie lover's delight. Made enough to have it again tomorrow.

Attachments

• Dinner 111214.jpg
    Dinner 111214.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 172

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my nurse is gettin' me burger king. she says there is 1 in/near shadyside, & she should be passing through there soon.
i requested a whopper jr., & a pop. she was openly grateful. tried to push fries & onion rings on me, until i said, 'uh-uh, -----, i'm taking a plunge w/ a burger, already. 'cept, TY.'

Embryodad

"Susans Meatballs" tonight. recipe circa 1960's

1 lb. of Ground beef / onions minced / fresh bread cubes / egg / s & p .... shaped oval and flat into 8 meatballs; and then fried just to browned lightly.
In a casserole pan...and covered with two cans of cream of mushroom soup ( The new Dark brown kind ;not adding water ) then baked un-covered 350º for 50 to 55 minutes.

Mashed potatoes, and peas and carrots.

Guts

I had sweet heat bbq wings and coleslaw. :smile:

Sass glad to see your posting again, I've been mostly lurking. Spending a lot of time playing with my sailboat. Now that is cool down out here I'm going to start cooking again. Glad to see you're back in the group contributing

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
last night we had a black sea bass. new one for me - Wegman's had them whole / fresh.

poached in reduced water/onion/celery liquid.

very good - pectoral fin areas have mucho bones - rather small gut cavity - a two pounder (with head) worked for us.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my beloved bartender gave me bacon that she was making while I was there. i'll pick through my pantry & fridge, after i nap.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Tina made soup that she got a dry mix when she was in PA Dutch area the other day.
It was too thick. Like eating pudding with corn and carrots in it! Yucky!!

We got take out thin crust pizza to patch up after having the glue soup.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had friends over for dinner last night, so I made a comfort food favorite recipe...smothered chicken. Also made fresh Italian baguettes. Mmmmmm...

Attachments

• Dinner 111514.jpg
    Dinner 111514.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 130

Embryodad

We had friends over for dinner last night, so I made a comfort food favorite recipe...smothered chicken. Also made fresh Italian baguettes. Mmmmmm...
Looks good Joe!...I just would substitute a pork chop or small pork steak for me.
I don't do chicken. ( only crispy and dry well done )

I see a square dish. Tina's got these snow man square heavy dishes she puts out for the season. They weigh a ton.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i hafta see my doctor soon, so food that is really high in sodium, followed by a plethora of gatorade ought be my ticket to gaining weight, & fast.

i have 1 curry item that has 47% of your daily value of sodium in 1 serving. curried food rocks, as well as gatorade, when u hafta gain a few, promptly. not tooooooo many gatorades- they'll wash my electrolytes away. inadvertently, anyhow.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
have gotten snow a few nites. so a thick beef stew, via crockpot, seems yummy. i'll hafta get bread. stew means bread/butter to us, as well. see if they have bread @ a teensy place near me.

baklava fer dessert, too.

Last edited: