What are you doing today?

Embryodad

DW wanted to learn to make Italian bread. Sooooooo, we had a marathon baking session after we went for a 5k walk this morning at the mall. We made a couple baguettes to go with the French onion soup I made early this morning, two loaves of Italian sandwich bread and two dozen whole wheat sandwich thins. We're good for a couple of weeks in the bread department. Off to the freezer...
Looks awesome Joe!

I could envision a lot of things to fill up those breads with.

Leni

Putting rocks in my pockets so I don't blow away. We've got a full blown Santa Anna today. All last night too.

Embryodad

Just sitting here; and looking out the kitchen window, and watching the snow fall!
Not much accumulation, but SOoooo Pretty!

Oh, but I did my chores. Cleaned out the kitty poopy boxes...took out the garbage.
I'll go out and blow the snow off the cars with the leaf blower later this evening.

Now, all I have to do, is stir the chili cooking on the stove until it thickens up.

Johnny West

My #2 son called last night and said Saturday night was the biggest sales night in the history of the restaurant. He's executive chef at a place in Park City, UT. :wub:

Leni

I do not intend to go outside unless I have to. My poor tillandsias are being blown all over the place. Vresias and Achemeas are being blown over. No sense in picking them up right now. It'll just happen again.

Johnny West

They are having their best year ever; I know he's a great chef and the word is getting out. He makes all the desserts and gourmet candy, too. His chocolate cake he named after my mother.

Leni

I do not intend to go outside unless I have to. My poor tillandsias are being blown all over the place. Vresias and Achemeas are being blown over. No sense in picking them up right now. It'll just happen again.

Plus it's over 90 degrees. A combination guaranteed to dry everything out. Good thing that I soaked all of my plants yesterday.

Embryodad

We had a heat wave of 50 degrees today, with 40 MPH wind gusts, and heavy monsoon type rains that fell periodically. The only good, was that the windows got cleaned.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken soup sass...... lots of it.
Feel better...
I actually had egg drop soup and 2 chicken egg rolls for dinner that night.
Could barely taste any of it.

Thanks Jimmy.
I do feel better today.
This junk is hitting everyone hard around here.
Lots of rest today and fluids!

My appetite was hit or miss.
I had a small ham sandwich for lunch, then a Weight Watchers thin crust cheese pizza for dinner, the square one.
It hit the spot so I am getting better. :wink:

Attachments

• k2-_f79bcb0c-5a15-41cb-abc9-676ce3619a0e.v2.jpg
    k2-_f79bcb0c-5a15-41cb-abc9-676ce3619a0e.v2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 121

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Sass!

A couple of weeks ago, I bought two of that brand of frozen pizza, added pizza seasoning and a slight drizzle of EVOO. Nuked them and served at Girl's Friday Night Cocktail Hour where all 3 of us are dieting.

We ate it all, and the other two women were kind about it, but I thought it was like cardboard.

Seems to me that the Lean Cuisine Deluxe pizza was much better, but it's been years since I've had one.

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
takes effort to stay awake. my cognition is hyper/hypo; there is a differentiation. i went into seizures. ow.
saw my nurse-friend & my Mom, went to my doctor, my 1 doctor saw me, here, & my nurse took me shopping & got us sushi. got mildly drunk until a pal got chitty saying i was ignoring him. i wasn't there 4 him to begin w/. jagov.

i was there 4 me.

Johnny West

Went to PT today and with all the excercises she gave me that's all I'll be doing though the day. I can only do my best.

Johnny West

I think PT was killing my knee - after last week's session my knee got tremendously worse, is swollen, and so painful I can bearly walk and lucky to make a peanut butter sandwich. I have a doctors appointment today and will see what's going on. Usually they have wheelchairs at the entrance and can get one of the greeters to take me to family practice. Sleep has been difficult so hopefully I can get meds that will ease pain so I can sleep. I want a referral to ortho and hopefull get a replacement knee. This knee can't possibly get better. I'm not one for asking for prayers but could use all the help I can get today. Thanks in advance. I'll give report when I can this evening.

Right now I'm not cooking. Tonight I want 5 Guys.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I think PT was killing my knee - after last week's session my knee got tremendously worse, is swollen, and so painful I can bearly walk and lucky to make a peanut butter sandwich. I have a doctors appointment today and will see what's going on. Usually they have wheelchairs at the entrance and can get one of the greeters to take me to family practice. Sleep has been difficult so hopefully I can get meds that will ease pain so I can sleep. I want a referral to ortho and hopefull get a replacement knee. This knee can't possibly get better. I'm not one for asking for prayers but could use all the help I can get today. Thanks in advance. I'll give report when I can this evening.

I know what you went through with the last knee replacement.
Prayers for you John, and big healing hugs too.

Johnny West

I don't recall this kind of pain with left knee and was able to make all appoinment with no difficulty. Rehab was difficult at first but I did everything they asked and the knee is great. The hips are next but don't want to go there till this knee is completed. :)

Thanks for the prayers and hugs.

Embryodad

Feel better JW.
Have you been drinking a lot of water to lubricate the joints?

My knees give me trouble and I need 2 canes to get around sometimes. Now I'm down to one cane for the right knee. The one that was repaired. In 1973 though.

Johnny West

I never drink enough water but am now.

I have water on the knee and got an ortho referral for
a knee replacement. I had a pain med prescribed and
will see if that manages the pain. I had to use my walker
today and not allowed to drive till who knows.

I won't be posting much food things for awhile. :-(

Embryodad

I never drink enough water but am now.

I have water on the knee and got an ortho referral for
a knee replacement. I had a pain med prescribed and
will see if that manages the pain. I had to use my walker
today and not allowed to drive till who knows.

I won't be posting much food things for awhile. :-(
I rarely drink water, but when I get knee and joint pain, I force water intake, and it lessens the pain a lot. I try and stay away from tomatoes and tomato sauce also.
It seems when I eat tomatoes, I get crippled up!

Johnny West

Today I'm not in the constant pain I was in through the weekend. It's still there just not intense.

I'm getting a bit of chores done but need to rest between sessions.

I'm afraid to take another pain pill as they put me to sleep.

Embryodad

Today I'm not in the constant pain I was in through the weekend. It's still there just not intense.

I'm getting a bit of chores done but need to rest between sessions.

I'm afraid to take another pain pill as they put me to sleep.
JW... If the pain pills are tablets....you can cut them in half.
That's what I did; so it didn't make me drowsy. PLus, the drug makes me dream violent dreams, and b-4 I know it, I would be on the floor, or jumping over the safety bed rail of my bed that I had to install to prevent me from flipping out and on the floor. LOL

Johnny West

The tabs are not that bad, but could use a nap.

I've been having dreams but never any violence.
I have a re-acurring dream about being in a resort and
being in Paris and wake up frustrated I never do anything.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I hope all y'all get well real soon...that's southern talk for all y'all northerners :corny:.

I'm getting the itch to get outside, do some things in my yard, get my patio cleaned up, and get some flowers going.

Yesterday evening I made a covered cushion for an outside sling chair. I wanted to be sure to get the cover tight. Well, I got it tight alright, a little too tight. Right now I've got some heavy books on top of it hoping that it will relax a bit and I won't have to take it back apart :blush:.

Embryodad

I hope all y'all get well real soon...that's southern talk for all y'all northerners :corny:.

I'm getting the itch to get outside, do some things in my yard, get my patio cleaned up, and get some flowers going.

Yesterday evening I made a covered cushion for an outside sling chair. I wanted to be sure to get the cover tight. Well, I got it tight alright, a little too tight. Right now I've got some heavy books on top of it hoping that it will relax a bit and I won't have to take it back apart :blush:.
I did that with a couch cushion once. The cover got dirty, so I pulled out the foam, and washed the cover. Well, I could not stuff that foam inside no matter hoe much I tried.
The cover shrunk when I put it in the dryer.
Anyway, I took a knife, and carved away about an inch all the way around the cushion.
Oh! It got to stuff inside, but now it was too loose. The cover looked horrible.
Tina flipped when she saw the baggy cushion on the couch!

She had to take it to a re-upholstery shop to get a new foam cut.

It was funny. ( to me, but not Tina )

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ha, Tina is probably afraid to leave you home alone :biggrin:. That was the plan, to take the cushion out and cut some off. Luckily it did relax a little, and it's good enough for me. It still has a little pooch on the back piece.

cushion%20for%20sling%20chair.jpg

Embryodad

Ha, Tina is probably afraid to leave you home alone :biggrin:. That was the plan, to take the cushion out and cut some off. Luckily it did relax a little, and it's good enough for me. It still has a little pooch on the back piece.

cushion%20for%20sling%20chair.jpg
Looks great to me cooksie!