Black Pepper

LADawg

Twelve or fifteen years ago I bought a really good pepper mill and started buying Tellicherry pepper corns and grinding my own black pepper. Before that I had always used that dust called black pepper that comes in a box that is found on supper market shelves. After tasting real fresh ground black pepper I never went back to the stuff I had used for years.
What a GREAT TASTE and difference!:clap:
Just wondering how many of you on NCT have made the switch and are using fresh ground black pepper and how many are still using the grocery store dust.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
we switched in the early 80's somewhere . . .

I have a collection of the old old all metal McCormick spices cans - with the sliding metal top lid - cute (g)

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I switched a good few years ago. I keep a grocery store one for the kids, who somehow prefer that, though.

Lately I'm using a white pepper but I've loved all the colors and flavors !!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, I grind my own peppercorns.

I have some regular black peppercorns, and some odd long, skinny ones that I got as a gift (hardly any "bite" to those at all, but a nice flavor).

I've had tellicherry peppercorns, too, and like them!

Lee

LADawg

Penzey’s has a 4 peppercorn mix, that contains Black Tellicherry, Green Mysore, White from Sarawak, and Pink peppercorns form Reunion.
Kind of pricy since a 2 cup jar cost over $35, but I bet the taste is GREAT.