EGG DROP SOUP (EGG FLOWER SOUP)

Guts

[FONT=&quot]EGG DROP SOUP[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](EGG FLOWER SOUP)[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]SERVES 2 to 4 depending on serving size[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 cans, chicken broth (14.5 OZ / 411 grams) with fat skimmed off, if home made. Reserve ½ can to thin cornstarch

2 tablespoons, cornstarch blended with reserved chicken broth.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2 eggs – beaten in a cup, to be used later. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 teaspoons Soy Sauce (can use Light type Soy Sauce) either or.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]¼ teaspoon White Pepper[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]¼ teaspoon Sesame oil no more. This is the key ingredient..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 tablespoon, scallions (green onions) - chopped or thinly sliced note here I cut my onions up in three parts bottom (white) middle (light green) Tops (the dark green)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heat broth with Soy Sauce, Ground Ginger, White Pepper, Sesame Oil, and some Scallions (green onions) I use the white parts and some of the middle of the onion (light green). Heat until the Scallions are slightly cooked. Now add the Cornstarch that has been thinned with the Reserved ½ can to thin cornstarch. Heat the soup mixture until it comes to a boil and thickens up, stirring often. Remove from heat [/FONT][FONT=&quot] add the beaten eggs (note:) swirl the soup as to make broth move in a circular motion, but not fast ! (but so that it is circular motion moves very slow) slowly add the beaten Eggs ( the Eggs will cook in the hot soup mixture. Serve in bowl with thin sliced scallions green onions (top parts.) You may also want to add; Tofu, torn spinach, and or top with some fried noodles ([/FONT]crisp noodles).

Attachments

• EGG Drop Soup.jpg
    EGG Drop Soup.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 190

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love egg drop soup Guts.
This sounds perfect!

Normally I make it using ramen noodle soup and swirling in the beaten eggs, then adding a touch of soy sauce and a splash of sesame oil.

Bravo! Love it!

Guts

Sass
That is what I wanted to here. That is how other folks make there Egg Drop Soup. I hope others post there recipes for this soup too. Kimchee seams to be the Asian cook here :chef: I'm looking forward to seeing if Kimchee will post a reply too.
Thanks Sass :clap:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is the only pic I could find where I used an instant ramen noodle bowl-
It makes for a quick, delicious lunch, but the eggs tend to get lost amongst the noodles!

2010-10-10 12-42-29.856.jpg

Guts

Sass
I think two eggs for the amount of broth I use is pushing the limit on egg. but it works. don't think I have ever had noodles in egg drop soup before. I will have to give it a try.
Kim

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Looking at that glorious pic of your soup sure looks like the 2 eggs work fabulous!
It's gorgeous with all the eggy pieces swimming around. ;)

Yum! Love egg drop soup. Great pic & plate, Guts. You must have read my mind. I'm planning on trying this Italian Egg Drop soup (similar to Stracciatella) tonight or tomorrow.

Italian Egg-Drop Soup

6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 cups water
1 1/3 cups medium pasta shells or other small pasta
1 7-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
1 bunch scallions, sliced, whites and greens divided
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
3 cups chopped arugula, any tough stems removed
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Combine broth, water, pasta, chickpeas, scallion whites and nutmeg in a Dutch oven; cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover and boil for half as long as directed by the pasta package, 3 to 5 minutes.

Stir in arugula and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. While stirring the soup constantly, slowly add eggs; cook for 2 minutes. (The cooked egg will look like feathery strands.) Season with pepper and stir in the scallion greens and lemon juice. Ladle into 6 bowls and top with Parmesan.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/italian_egg_drop_soup.html

Guts

Charlie
I never had Egg drop soup with out a chicken base before, this is what i was hoping for! different types of Egg Drop Soup. thanks for the link.
Kim

ca.cook
Picked up the plates at a supply store for three bucks each and matching bowls were cheep too under two bucks ea. thanks for posting the "Italian Egg-Drop Soup" sounds good, will have to give it a try. Have it saved to favorites.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter