Cajun Boudin Balls

Peggy

Cajun Boudin Balls

1 lb cooked boudin
1 or 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Seasoned Italian bread crumbs
Cooking oil

Remove the boudin from the casing. Form dressing (boudin filling) into balls about the size of walnuts. Dip balls in beaten egg and then into seasoned crumbs. Deep fry balls in cooking oil until lightly browned. Drain on paper towel. Serve hot with toothpicks.

Peggy

Hope you like them, and can find boudin in your area. I do have a recipe for making boudin, but not sure where to put it! Any suggestions?

Peggy

Thanks Keltin, yep if they have gator, you should be able to get boudin! Thanks for the link, I'll go post the recipe for boudin now!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Boudin isn't very common outside of Louisiana. Now I lived across the street from Boudin King in Jennings LA for a little over a year. The owner gave me the recipe which I use if I can't get it from them when my kids or buddies from there come out to visit. Boudin is a great tasting rice and pork sausage.

Peggy

They have a place in Baton Rouge called Joe Lees, and it is the best I have found here. They ship it too!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm sure this is a dumb question but if I want to make the boudin balls, and I'm going to need to make the boudin myself, can I skip stuffing it into the casings for this? I don't have a sausage stuffer, but this sounds so yummy.

Peggy

I'm sure this is a dumb question but if I want to make the boudin balls, and I'm going to need to make the boudin myself, can I skip stuffing it into the casings for this? I don't have a sausage stuffer, but this sounds so yummy.

I think you would be able to make them pretty easily with skipping the stuffing step! Let us know if you try em! And no question is dumb! You don't get answers if you don't ask questions lol!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I've tried Joe Lees as well, my only rule about boudin is don't buy it if they are on the North side of I-10. I've eaten boudin all the years I lived in Beaumont Texas with friends living in Louisiana. I love the stuff and there are a lot of great ones in that area especially between Baton Rouge and Lake Charles.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
OOPS Sorry Bam, didn't realize there was already one posted!

the more recipes the better... no need to be sorry

the best boudin balls i had werent put into casings FM... works real good and tastes even better

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yep, that's true, I am originally from Orange TX, small world!

I owned a Karate school in Vidor Texas from 1970 to 1979 when I move home to Florida. I went back for a year in Louisiana in '84 before coming back to Florida again. I now live in Kentucky where they will bury me eventually. :tiphat:

Peggy

Talk about small world, I used to live in Vidor also with my Dad and Grandmother at one time when I was a kid.