Baked Stuffed Brie

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
1 one pound Brie
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
1 egg; beaten

Filling of your choice: cranberry chutney, some sliced cappacolla or Genoa salami, mushroom , some sauteed fennel or leek.

Allow pastry to defrost and roll out a little to be able to completely wrap the Brie in it.

Slice Brie in half or in thirds horizontally and put in desired filling.

Place in center of pastry and cut off the four corners of the pastry a couple of inches down.

Completely wrap the pastry around the Brie brushing with beaten egg whenever you put the pastry together.

Flip the assembly over and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.

Brush top with beaten egg and place on pastry cut outs and brush them with the egg too.

Bake in oven/grill at 400 until pastry is golden brown and puffed like it's supposed to.

Best if not cut into while it's too hot.

PanchoHambre

cheapest trick in the book and impresses every time.... you can go sweet or savory with the filling...

Filo dough works great as a wrapper too but a bit more of a PITA

got this one from my Dad.. done it a bunch of time... people always love it.

mmmm Brie I love the stuff.....

oozy stinky camanbert works too!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yup i love both cheeses... the first time i had it was when my SIL cooked it... had it plain melted in the oven with some hot pepper jelly... i have been an addict since..lol

My aunt did something similar baking the brie wrapped in filo braising it with apricot jam. I look foward to it every occasion she is at. In fact, usually me, my brother and my dad kind of corner the brie, hovering over it, not letting anyone else get any. Guess its one of those male dominant, survival of the fittest thing, but no one comes between me and my baked brie, not even my wife and kids, They have to fend for themselves :tongue:

jkath

Try cooking up a brown sugar-butter-pecan glaze and pouring that over the top - mmmmmm is it a good addition! (and if you're so inclined, add a bit of good bourbon)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Try cooking up a brown sugar-butter-pecan glaze and pouring that over the top - mmmmmm is it a good addition! (and if you're so inclined, add a bit of good bourbon)

That is the way we do it here. I love the carmelized pecans on top of a brie like that. In fact, I was looking for my mom's recipe before Bam posted this.