It's been a wonderful day, my friends!

Thank you all!

Lee

pharmerphil

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY QSIS!!!!!!

9JEvyAH.gif

chilefarmer

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY QSIS!!!!!!

We all have that special day, Happy Birthday. Wishing you nothing but the best day ever on your day. CF

LADawg

Now I Can Post

:clap:Good Morning, or whatever time of the day it is when you read this.
My name is Wendell Smith. I live in a small (only 31 units) senior mobile home park just off US Highway 98 about half way between Fairhope and Foley, AL. As the crow flies we are about 8 or 10 miles north of the Gulf, but by road it’s about 18+ miles.
A GREAT place to live!
I have been married to my wife, Mae Dean Smith, for 54 ½ years and we have 2 daughters, 3 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild.
I seem to be the cook of the house. It came about by necessity since my wife (a Texan by birth) never learned how to cook. You can’t fault her because she came from a long line of women who did not know how to cook. Her Mother or her Grandmother didn’t know how to cook either. I don’t know about her great grandmother, because Mae Dean does seem to remember seeing her cook biscuits one time. Me, I grew up in north Mississippi and had a mother that was a good ole southern cook. She had very few recipes and I don’t recall seeing her measure very many ingredients. But for the most past the food always came out very good.
I joined NCT a little over 15 months ago, but the only post I made was a reply to something because I could not figure out how to make a new post. Thanks to Mama I now know how and will join in with the discussions from time to time.
I go by the name of LADawg on this forum because I am a sports fan of the Bulldogs of Mississippi State University and I live down here in Lower Alabama, or LA as it is referred to by the locals.
I (we) have lived in several places, Dallas, TX, (well Irving to be truthful, twice) Bloomington, IL, Memphis, TN, Meridian, MS, and Jackson, MS. Jackson being the longest, over 25 years. When living in Jackson we would come down here for a beach vacation a time of two a year. Wanted to live down here but didn’t think I could afford to. We sold our house in Jackson, bought a used motor home and hit the road as a full time RV’er. That lasted a little over a year. We ended up down here in a RV park when the price of gasoline hit $4.00 plus a gallon, and couldn’t afford to leave (well I could have but didn't want to leave). Bought the place where we now live. Have lived HAPPLY ever after! Life is GREAT!
Sorry for the rambling, but just wanted to say “Hi” and let you know a little about who I am.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: Now I Can Post

Welcome to the world of posting Wendall and I'm glad I was able to help you out!

Congratulations on being married 54 1/2 years.....that is absolutely WONDERFUL! There aren't too many people can say that.

Southern Alabama is a beautiful place. I can certainly see why you would want to live there.

I'm a Bulldog fan too....just not the same Dawgs :lol:

Welcome again!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi LADawg, welcome to NCT!

I enjoyed your "intro" post, and it looks as if you will be a fun member here!

I had a friend who did pretty much the same thing you did, when he retired: bought an RV and traveled in it about 1 year before the price of gas put the RV up on blocks.

Sounds as if you found a good place to land!

Lee

Leni

Welcome. I'm from LA but the California version. Didn't look rambling to me. Congrats on 54 1/2.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Wendelll. Awesome intro. Thank you sir, and congrats on your 54+ year marriage. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Very nice to meet you and I look forward to you posting now that you know the trick.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter

Lots of other old geezers around here. a few young folks too. I have a buddy who lives in Slidell,La. You folks have some good grub down that way, and some that is a bit odd for my tastes. Welcome aboard!:tiphat:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Happy Birthday LETHAL GTS!

I haven't seen you posting in a while. We miss you!

I hope you are doing well and you have an absolutely amazing birthday!

:bdaycake::happybday1::dancing:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Happy Birthday LETHAL GTS!

Happy Birthday Lethal!!!!!! :happybday1:

Hope you have a GREAT day!!!!!!! :dancing: :thewave:

Dakota98

Hello.....

Hello everyone!! I am mike, from upstate NY. I love to cook when I have time... I make a mean Alfredo sauce, make my own tomato past, sauce, roasted red peppers. I love to BBQ as well, and I want to take a wack at smoking food. I hope to hear from y'all.

Regards

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hello.....

Hi Mike,

I grew up in Utica myself. Beautiful country up there.

Lots of good cooks here and some really accomplished smokers.

Pull up a picnic table and relax. Glad to have you.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Welcome to NCT, Mike!

Looking forward to sharing recipes and techniques with you!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Dakota Mike. Nice to meet you. Glad you found us here at net cooking talk.

I sure hope you will share your alfredo sauce recipe. My wife has been working on one but is not happy with it.

As for BBQ and smoking, I think you will find a wealth of knowledge here. I had never smoked until seeing some of the posts here. We have some of what I consider pros at smoking whether they consider theirselves that or not.

Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Happy Birthday Ian M!

I hope you, Fallon and Kieran are all doing well!

Wishing you a wonderful Birthday and many more to come :bouncy::happybday1::bouncy::HappyBday2u::bouncy:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Happy Birthday Ian M!

Happy Birthday, Ian!

Hope you and your family are enjoying the day!

Lee

Ian M.

Thank you Jim, Lee and Mama! It was a great day - we just cruised around and went to a number of our favorite places. I got exactly what I wanted for my birthday dinner - three big, fat, juicey chili dogs from DQ! Covered in chili, cheese and mustard, along with an Orange Julius. I'm a simple soul, but to me, that's food of the Gods!

Ian

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Glad you enjoyed the day doing and eating what makes you happy Ian! I find the simple things in life sometimes really are the best things in life.