Pet pics

smoke king

Banned
This is Miss Bailey, we lost her last summer. Although I'm waiting for pups from her sister, for me, no dog will ever be able to take her place. Heres to you my friend......

Attachments

• 070126_133454.jpg
    070126_133454.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 061201_101643.jpg
    061201_101643.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 141

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I love the pet pics everyone!!! Just love them! Well, most of you know that I got yipping Chihuahuas..... That I do love!

Attachments

• hammy 046.jpg
    hammy 046.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 264
  • scrappy 014.jpg
    scrappy 014.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Pics 003.jpg
    Pics 003.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 132
  • Binker1.jpg
    Binker1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Booter7.jpg
    Booter7.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Sattie.jpg
    Sattie.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ah yes a pair of barking rats they are. I think I need a bigger box always comes to mind now when I see these. . :wink:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Smoke King, this is for you. I know the hurt well. Someone was kind enough to share this with me when I lost my first Great Dane totally unexpected.

LEND ME A PUP
I will lend to you for awhile,
a pup, God said,
For you to love him while he lives
and mourn him when he's dead.
Maybe twelve or fourteen years,
or maybe two or three.
But will you, 'till I call him back,
take care of him for me?
He'll bring his charms to gladden you
and (should his stay be brief)
you'll always have his memories
as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay,
since all from earth return
But there are lessons taught below
I want this pup to learn.
I've looked the whole world over
in search of teachers true,
And from the folk that crowd life's land
I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love
Nor think the labour vain,
Nor hate me when I come to take
my sweet Pup back again?
I fancied that I heard them say
"Dear Lord Thy Will be Done,"
For all the joys this Pup will bring,
the risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness,
we'll love him while we may,
And for the happiness we've known
forever grateful stay
But should you call him back
much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
and try to understand.
If, by our love, we've managed,
your wishes to achieve
In memory of him we loved,
to help us while we grieve,
When our faithful bundle
departs this world of strife,
We'll have yet another Pup
and love him all his life.
~author unknown~

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sattie, rep points for you. The first one brave enough to share a pic of themselves. :thumb:
My sister in law has Chihuahuas. They are so funny. My mom has one that rules over our Great Dane. They can have an attitude and the other dogs give them a wide berth. Too funny. :yum:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Sattie, rep points for you. The first one brave enough to share a pic of themselves. :thumb:
My sister in law has Chihuahuas. They are so funny. My mom has one that rules over our Great Dane. They can have an attitude and the other dogs give them a wide berth. Too funny. :yum:

Thanks Doc... it's a crap picture of me, but I have never been the photogenic type.

And I love the poem you posted!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Wow that GD is beautiful!! And that was a lovely poem. Love seeing all these pictures of our furry ones.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
You shoulda seen my uncles cat, it used to perch on top of the china cabinet staring down at you with a very evil look. And if you had the audacity to walk nearby or look at him too long, he would hiss at you and make like he was gonna pounce! :hide:

High Cheese

Saucier
Keep us (me) informed on Bloo, Jeeks. I like to keep up with such things. I take it it wasn't just a sebaceous cyst then? I hope it turns out to be nothing.

Doc just called, so far the blood and urine tests are fine. Still waiting for one more lab result in a day or two. Then we can proceed wih the surgery. I can't wait.

The growth, we believe, is just a fatty growth that ulcerated. She's on antibiodics and I've been cleaning it with diluted Betadine. It's right on her chest so I bought some little kids t-shirts to keep her from licking it and to protect it.

High Cheese

Saucier
Good to hear the blood and urine tests came out good! I really hope the surgery goes well!!

Had a minor scare.... The Doc looked over the xrays and saw what he thought to be a growth near/on her lungs. He could see something on one film but not the other. He said if there was in fact something there, it would be inoperable. (gulp)

I took her in this morning for an ultrasound and everythink is A-OK! :thumb: I should have her in there for surgery next week.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calicolady

Had a minor scare.... The Doc looked over the xrays and saw what he thought to be a growth near/on her lungs. He could see something on one film but not the other. He said if there was in fact something there, it would be inoperable. (gulp)

I took her in this morning for an ultrasound and everythink is A-OK! :thumb: I should have her in there for surgery next week.

Praise the Lord, or god's, or stars or pet rock. Whatever. I'm glad for you.

Ol-blue

This is Baby, we found him when he was 21/2 weeks old.

Baby114.jpg

This is Akio. He is an Akita and is the smartest and most loving dog we have ever had.

Akio105months329.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy moley, Ol Blue, I think this is the first time I've seen a post by you that didn't involve a fantastic-looking meal on a blue plate!

Beautiful animals, BTW!

Cats are my favorites, especially tabbys, but everyone's pictures of their pets are all so sweet!

Lee

chowhound

Ditto! Nice to know a little something about you, Debbie.
Other than you make great food out of ingredients I can find.

Ol-blue

Thanks chowhound. He is the first Akita we have ever owned. I was a little worried at first with the reputation they have, but he is such a lover.

LOL QSis, You are right.... I like it here and it feels more like a family and much more relaxed here. I'm sure you will see more of what else I like to do beside cooking here. I hope you don't get tired of me.

heb1976

ok you ready for this? lol ... i have LOTS of pets. I will start with the ones no longer with us.

This is Cedes. She was (so we were told) part Akita part German Shepard. She was the most gorgeous dog ever. We had to give her away when I got pregnant with my youngest, she would growl at me if I got near her and she tore up Kyle's bedding from his crib. I was afraid she would continue this behavior after Kyle was born, so I made the decision to give her up. I miss her alot.
cedes.jpg

This is Tiger, the day before we put her down. I found her when I was 9 yrs. old. We had to have her put down Nov. 21, 2006. She was 21 years old. She was the most fantastic cat ever. When you picked her up, she would wrap her arms around your neck and hug you. It is still hard to look at pictures of her.
tiger.jpg

This is Sasha. She got loose this past summer and we have only seen her twice since then.
sasha.jpg

This is Charlie. We got him 2 weeks before we had to put Tiger down. He is my special little guy because he got me through her death. There is no denying that he is my cat.
charlie.jpg

This is Toby. I think he is a rat terrier. I personally do not like this dog at all. He is my husbands. He is mean, annoying, etc ... But, he has been with us for almost 5 years and of something happened to him, it would break my heart - but I still do not like him. LOL
toby.jpg

This is Milo. It got him during my grieving process of loosing Tiger. He was really supposed to be more my husband, but he is an everybody cat. You can do anything to this cat and he just lays there. Someone told me he was a ragdoll breed? He, other then Tiger, is probably the best cat ever. Anyone that meets him wants to take him home.
milo.jpg

This is Anna. She came from Sasha's & Charlie's litter. She was is the only female animal we have and she has the worst temperment. She is not very friendly at all - unless she is in heat, but she is beautiful.
anna.jpg

This is Jasper, Anna's brother. He is my attitude boy. He just started to become lovable. He is our spaz cat.
jasper.jpg

This is Ollie. He is Anna & Jasper's brother. He is another extremely lovable, can do anything to him cat. He is the most playful out of them all.
ollie.jpg

This is Titan. His name does not fit with my others because he was named before we got him. I got him for my husband because he wanted a big dog. He is absolutely amazing with the kids. He is still in his puppy stage and chews EVERYTHING - but he is a very good dog.
titan.jpg

And because my mom [homecook] doesn't know how to post pictures ... this is her cat Phoenix. She is a rolly polly! She has the coolest markings in her and the softest and shiniest coat.
phoenix.jpg