My Favorite Chicken Recipe...

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Not sure where I found the recipe. So I will change it up a bit as to not violate copy right rules and crud. The only thing about this recipe is that there is some prep time involved.... here goes:

2 chicken breasts ( I cut the breasts into thirds, makes it easier to cook)
2 T flour
1 egg
2/3 c cornmeal
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
6 T canola oil
1 ripe avacado - sliced and seeded
sour cream
salsa

Pound chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. Place flour in plastic bag. Beat egg in shallow pan. Combine cornmeal, cumin, salt, and cayenne in another shallow plate.

Place chicken 2 pieces at a time in bag with flour and shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag and dig in egg and then roll in cornmeal mixture. Pressing to coat.

Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned. About 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place on serving plate and top with sour cream, salsa and avacado slices.

Awesome dish... pairs nicely with spanish rice and black beans.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds GREAT. This is another chicken recipe I'll be trying soon. Thanks!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Doc... this is really a keeper. When I first made the recipe, DH thought it sounded crazy with all the sour cream and salsa. But after we tried it, we quickly realized that it would be a favorite of ours. I just made this the other day and the leftovers keep really well and make nice chicken sandwhiches!