I'm Pregnant

Newnork1978

Update 19 Weeks Pregnant:

At my OB appointment, last Monday, DH and I found out that my doctor is closing up shop in January. My doctor recommended a sister facility for my continued care, saying the folks at that facility often deliver her babies whenever she is unavailable. She assured us that we will continue to get the same quality care from like-minded caretakers...and the fact that this other facility has both OB's and Midwives leads me to believe this transition should be smooth and beneficial.

Next Monday, December 14th, we have our 20-Week Anatomy/Gender Sonogram scheduled. This will be done at another facility...the same place we had the 12-Week Nuchal Translucency Sonogram. Two weeks after the sonogram will be my last appointment with my doctor before the transition takes place.

I can't wait for the sonogram on Monday...we finally get to find out if everything is developing properly, and (if the baby isn't shy) we get to find out if it's a girl or a boy. WooHoo! I'll keep ya'll posted. :bounce:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm trying to control myself until you find out what colors we need, Angel, but I couldn't help myself last night. I got some sweet, little, gender-neutral Winnie the Pooh outfits for the baby. I fell asleep humming lullabys.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm trying to control myself until you find out what colors we need, Angel, but I couldn't help myself last night. I got some sweet, little, gender-neutral Winnie the Pooh outfits for the baby. I fell asleep humming lullabys.

Awwwwwwwwwww.....

homecook

I'm so jealous!! lol Heather is 17 weeks and the baby wouldn't cooperate last night..........we have to wait now until Jan 7.

I hope for the best for you Angel......it's so exciting!!

Newnork1978

I'm so jealous!! lol Heather is 17 weeks and the baby wouldn't cooperate last night..........we have to wait now until Jan 7.

I hope for the best for you Angel......it's so exciting!!

I hope our baby isn't shy. We were going to have this sonogram at 18 weeks, but my OB recommended we wait until 20 weeks. She said there will be more to see after an additional 2 weeks development. We'll see. :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'd try & bust into a cheer, 'cept i'd probably break my hip, so i'll send ya a typed hip-hip, HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see pics of your dear baby! awwww! you should probably name the baby 'luvs'. that's a very beautiful name.

homecook

I hope our baby isn't shy. We were going to have this sonogram at 18 weeks, but my OB recommended we wait until 20 weeks. She said there will be more to see after an additional 2 weeks development. We'll see. :)

That's what most recommend, between 20 and 2l weeks. There is always that slight chance that they'll move just right earlier. LOL I was so hoping!

Wishing for the best, Angel!!

Newnork1978

i'd try & bust into a cheer, 'cept i'd probably break my hip, so i'll send ya a typed hip-hip, HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see pics of your dear baby! awwww! you should probably name the baby 'luvs'. that's a very beautiful name.

Thanks for the typed cheer...I'll be sure to run the name "Luvs" by DH and see what he thinks. :wink:

Newnork1978

That's what most recommend, between 20 and 2l weeks. There is always that slight chance that they'll move just right earlier. LOL I was so hoping!

Wishing for the best, Angel!!

My OB said gender sonograms can be performed (fairly accurately) as early as 18 weeks. The facility we go to for our sonograms usually performs the gender scans between 18-20 weeks. I know January seems like forever away, but it'll be worth the wait...I'm sure. :wink:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the typed cheer...I'll be sure to run the name "Luvs" by DH and see what he thinks. :wink:

i'm fairly certain that'll be his main choice. 'luvs' is the most common name in the country for this year, so far!
a newborn baby! awesome!:wub:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Well, I can tell you what you are going to have right now! A baby!! To me as long as the child is healthy and happy that is the most important thing. Congratulations!!!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure how I missed this!!! Congratulations to everyone !!! How are you feeling these days??? I recall the middle months were the best.

Newnork1978

Well, I can tell you what you are going to have right now! A baby!! To me as long as the child is healthy and happy that is the most important thing. Congratulations!!!!

Thanks! I agree on the healthy, happy baby...but curiosity is getting the better of me, and I just feel compelled to find out if our healthy, happy baby is a girl or a boy. Hee-hee! :bounce:

Newnork1978

Not sure how I missed this!!! Congratulations to everyone !!! How are you feeling these days??? I recall the middle months were the best.

I'm at 20 weeks now and I'm feeling tons better than I did during the first three months...but now I'm getting new sensations, like flutters and such. Oh, and my belly is beginning to round out, so my mobility is changing in ways I never anticipated. But I'm enjoying the over-all adventure, and I'm looking forward to what else is in store for me/us. :thumb:

Deelady

Yay can't wait to hear if its a girl or boy!!
Yeah you are definately at the "comfortable" stage....just wait till you get were I am!! ;)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh, they are coming, Angel! One day you'll wake up and wonder how the hell you became Dolly Parton overnight!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Really! Of course, they only last til you quit nursing. (Why do you think I nursed for 3 years? LOL)

Newnork1978

LOL Countin down the days my dear!! Thanks for asking :)

And don't even get me started on boob size!!! I do NOT want to see where I'll be at when my milk comes in!! YIKES:ohmy:

I'm so confused about the pregnant boobs issue. I have some friends whose boobs grew before their belly did. I have other friends who stayed the same bra size until they delivered...and others whose boobs grew along with their belly. Being that I was a late-bloomer (pre-pregnancy), I guess I've become impatient with waiting on my own pregnant boobs. :wink:

Deelady

I'm so confused about the pregnant boobs issue. I have some friends whose boobs grew before their belly did. I have other friends who stayed the same bra size until they delivered...and others whose boobs grew along with their belly. Being that I was a late-bloomer (pre-pregnancy), I guess I've become impatient with waiting on my own pregnant boobs. :wink:

My BF didn't "fill out" until after the baby came and her milk came in. and she still only changed just slightly.....everyone is different.