"I hate the expression ....."

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Got another one that I hate: the nickname "Jules" for someone named Julie.

I think every third TV show has a "Jules" in it.

Lee
YUP Psych has a Juliet that they call .................... YIKES!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Got another one that I hate: the nickname "Jules" for someone named Julie.

I think every third TV show has a "Jules" in it.

Lee

And you will KNOW my name is Jules when I lay the smack down upon you!

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Attachments

• yep.jpg
    yep.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 70

buckytom

Grill Master
i had a whole day of "really"s at the aquarium on thursday.

not just from our little neighbor, but now my boy is picking it up.

i dropped down the rear window of my truck (it has a 3/4 width power rear window just behind the relatively square-ish back seat) and told my son that his booster seat had an ejection parachute built in. at highway speeds, all i had to do was hit the eject button next to the cd player, and he was gone if he said it again.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
i had a whole day of "really"s at the aquarium on thursday.

not just from our little neighbor, but now my boy is picking it up.

i dropped down the rear window of my truck (it has a 3/4 width power rear window just behind the relatively square-ish back seat) and told my son that his booster seat had an ejection parachute built in. at highway speeds, all i had to do was hit the eject button next to the cd player, and he was gone if he said it again.

Really? You really said that? For real?

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Where did "really" come from????

That's another one that bugs the f*cking shit out of me.
When someone can't simply state anything more when they are in agreement with something YOU stated, but instead they inject "really", like some brain dead zombie.:ohmy:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
'Fraid not.. it's not my bag..

That's why you didn't get it. Samuel L. Jackson, THE MAN, played a character named "Jules".

And he, as a hitman, gave a speech to his mark that was biblically based and went like this:

------------------------------------
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That's why you didn't get it. Samuel L. Jackson, THE MAN, played a character named "Jules".

And he, as a hitman, gave a speech to his mark that was biblically based and went like this:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Thanks for the info, however, at this late hour I seem to be feeling a tad bit confuzzled...:yum:
Oh nevermind, that's an inside joke..

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the info, however, at this late hour I seem to be feeling a tad bit confuzzled...:yum:
Oh nevermind, that's an inside joke..

For your edification. The volume levels on this one are a bit low, so crank your speakers to hear it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czb4jn5y94g[/ame]

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ohhhh guns and the F word! (I only viewed the first few seconds)
I love guns.. do you own/carry Keltin? as for the F word..:yum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYyHNgeFA8

:yum:

Sorry hun, I am going off on a late night whatever...

Nah. Never liked guns other than a casual amusement. The workmanship it takes to make them work is impressive. Lots of finely milled interlocking pieces. But that is where I draw the line.

Guns are a coward's way out. Go to fists, body, or even a sword. Swords solve everything. You have to be good to use it, and you have to be close. That eliminates the wanna be cowards doing the "drive bys". You just can't do a drive by with a Katana! :yum:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Getting back to BT's son's "really": how did he use it?

As, "It's really hot today".?

Or, kid 1 says "Boy, it's hot today", and kid 2 says, "Yeah, really".?

That expression has never entered my consciousness as being annoying. But it will NOW! LOL!

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, qsis.

it's a one word question as a response to something surprising, or upsetting, or if you joke around about something, or just state something out of the ordinary.

if it were only used once in a long while, it wouldn't bother me. but to hear an 8 year old girl (and now my boy) repeat it 50 times in an afternoon as a response to just about everything is maddening.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That's another one that bugs the f*cking shit out of me.
When someone can't simply state anything more when they are in agreement with something YOU stated, but instead they inject "really", like some brain dead zombie.:ohmy:

OH I was thinking of when first person says something and second person says "Really?" And it means that second person can't believe first person said something so stupid.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

And he is obsessed with cheese burgers!! LOL That movie actually put me to sleep, but I did catch glimpses when my eyes fluttered open because my brain was doing a check. I saw the cheese burger bit at every glimpse, a glimpse of Bruce and the Uma dance.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll repeat another one I hate, especially with this God awful heat we've been getting.

HOT ENOUGH FOR YA?:yum:

Answer: No, I love to get into my 300 degree car after it's been sitting in the sun all day and burn my legs on hot leather, then proceed to burn fingers and brush across upper right thigh whilst holding iron hot seat belt buckle :yum:

Wart

Banned
Guns are a coward's way out. Go to fists, body, or even a sword. Swords solve everything.

LMAO!!

Must be nice to live someplace that gives the illusion of 'safety'.

In my neighborhood we call people taking 'knives' to gunfights compost.

You have to be good to use it, and you have to be close. That eliminates the wanna be cowards doing the "drive bys". You just can't do a drive by with a Katana! :yum:

But, if your attacking someone with a Katana who has only fists then whose the coward.

Wart

Banned
Exactly

Anyone else getting tired of that word?

Person A says something, person B responds, then person A says 'Exactly'.

And more often than not person B is only half way close.

Biskit

I'll repeat another one I hate, especially with this God awful heat we've been getting.

HOT ENOUGH FOR YA?:yum:

Answer: No, I love to get into my 300 degree car after it's been sitting in the sun all day and burn my legs on hot leather, then proceed to burn fingers and brush across upper right thigh whilst holding iron hot seat belt buckle :yum:

I usually counter that question with; "Ohhhhh, another 20-30 degrees would be more like perfect. Gets a chuckle every time.

Up here, it's "Cold enough for ya?" in mid-January. Same response from me, of course!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
LMAO!!

Must be nice to live someplace that gives the illusion of 'safety'.

In my neighborhood we call people taking 'knives' to gunfights compost.

You really ought to consider moving out of the projects.

But, if your attacking someone with a Katana who has only fists then whose the coward.

Learn to read - Go to fists, body, or even a sword.