What do You look Like- Nostalgia Trip

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, everyone looks great. I love this thread!

Dang Buzz, that is a whole lot of plane! What is that? I'm really impressed that you can fly, how awesome! I didn't know Fran was in the flying business too! How cool! :thumb:

mhend

A pic of me as a baby and at the zoo, my brother and me and one from high school - Lord, my hair was big. LOL!

029A.jpg

057.jpg

070.jpg

Scan_17.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
These photos are fantastic!!

I wish I had a scanner!

Lee

mhend

This one is kind of old. It's from my wedding 8 years ago. I'm at the bar at the hotel where the ceremony took place. Whoever took the photo didn't have their red-eye reduction on. LOL.

DSC_0001.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
me & my Mom, 1981, & me, 1981

Attachments

• B051_tmp406.jpg
    B051_tmp406.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 5CB1_tmp405.jpg
    5CB1_tmp405.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 205

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
WOWZERS !

Was "Nostalgia Tripping" from beginning to end of this thread;
came to realize that most of my posted pics were gone (Picturetrail just got TOO expensive, but in switching to photobucket, many were lost)
Will try to replace what I can still find.....
Meanwhile........

The Warden when I met her, 1977 ......

1978-1.jpg

Wedding Day (with her Mother) 1982.......

wedding0010.jpg

Father (1969) & Son (1988)

dadandson.jpg

Me & Mom 1947 (I'm One)

JuniorandDot1947.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
14 years old...

Junior13yrsold001.jpg

Me and my shadow.... 15 yrs old..
younglarry15yearsold.jpg

17 years old.....
junior17yrsold.jpg

18 years old...
navy1966001.jpg

My Granny, and my boys 1988........ this is where the bulk of my cooking knowledge came from...
xmas86009-1.jpg

The Warden and #1 Son.... #2 Son's Wedding day 2009........
WeddingDay033.jpg

Fatman and Throbbin' - #2 Son's Wedding day 2009
ry3d400a.jpg

#2 son and Bride - above mentioned wedding.......
untitled48.jpg

Ian M.

Luvs, you were a mighty pretty baby who looks just like her mom. LT, I wouldn't dare suggest that you were a pretty baby, but a handsome little lad, yes. You've grown.........

Ian M.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Before I started cooking and putting on a little weight - about age 45.

Don't mess with this Marine..... lol :bbq3:

IMG_3419.JPG

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Luvs, you were a mighty pretty baby who looks just like her mom. LT, I wouldn't dare suggest that you were a pretty baby, but a handsome little lad, yes. You've grown.........

Ian M.

TY, ian.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Well, Leni, nowadays if I was near you wouldn't be going into that alley in the first place. I've learned not to tempt fate. :)

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
oh, I didn't know we were having this much fun!

MUDPIES!!

Attachments

• 1949Portsmouth_2.jpg
    1949Portsmouth_2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 126

Leni

We were dancing at the local library when the newspaper took these pictures. One of the ladies is a Dr. of Psychology at CSUN and the other is the chief surgical nurse at a very prestigious hospital. Sorry about that. I can't seem to get the picture posted correctly. You'll just have to open the attachment. I've turned it right side up and it just won't take. Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated.

Attachments

• img002.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated.
<sigh>

Windows, I presume? one of the "features" introduced with Vista (I think) is Windows system utilities/viewers will automatically "rotate" an image when displayed on your monitor.

which a wonderful thing but as discovered it does not alter the actual file - so when uploading / posting / etc, the pix is displayed in its "real" orientation.....

for pdf's I use a free for personal use application Foxit Reader. it displays in the actual orientation, has buttons to rotate left/right (2x those button 'flips' the pdf) and then you can save it in the modified / correct orientation. if you don't do the "save it" bit, the orientation is not changed.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Hi Leni,

I notice that you are posting a .PDF (Portabel Document Format) item instead of a picture (JPG). I presume that you scanned the article and your scanner software, be default, most likely saves it as a .PDF.

You have several options. First, if you look in the control panel of your scanner software, there is most likely an option to change the format that you save in. In there should be a .JPG option. Another option, if you are running windows 7 or 8 would be the snipping tool. It is way handy and comes with windows. You should be able to use the keyboard combination <Windows> <R>. This will bring up run box. IN there type snippingtool and click OK. From there select new. The screen will change to a bit fuzzy (For lack of a better word). Use your mouse to select the area that you want. In this case the article and frame it. When you have completed that, you will get a save dialog and can save the image The default is .JPG. You can them post that. I am pretty sure that I have seen you post pix before. If not then PM me and I will guide you through that as well.

Andy

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
1970 - I'm 24 yrs old............

This is a subway poster.......... I used to enjoy sitting under it........nobody ever recognized me, But one of my co-workers commented once that "That guy on the side of the bus looks a lot like you"....... 15 minutes of fame

Last edited:

Leni

Thanks for the help Adillo303. Just for the heck of it I found the clipping and looked at the date. Would you believe March 30, 1981? I was 38.