Octopus Leg Hickeys

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I was about 40 miles out in the Gulf yesterday targeting Snapper as the Grouper season for non-commercial fishing is closed this month. Fishing was good. We boated our limit of five Snappers each (35 in all) in only two hours.

SDC12716.jpg

One of the weirdos we pulled up was a friendly octopus.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htBDrk01Hys[/ame]

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That's fascinating but kind of creepy at the same time. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get close enough to get a hickey :mrgreen:.

Guts

nice catch buzz I have been fishing a long time. I'm looking at that fish thinking fish tacos!!! Yum Yum Yum

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
nice catch buzz I have been fishing a long time. I'm looking at that fish thinking fish tacos!!! Yum Yum Yum

Most of the catch consisted of Mangrove Snappers, excellent for tacos. You can see some Yellowtails in the above picture and they are terrific as a stand alone dish. We also picked up a Strawberry Grouper. These little guys are a delicacy. It was not in the picture so I stole this one:

Edit: You can spot 2 Porgies as well.

Attachments

• Strawberry Grouper.jpg
    Strawberry Grouper.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 141

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwwww, poor thing! He was trying to get out of the boat!

You threw him back, didn't you, Buzz????

Lee

Cuisinette

Nice catch, Buzz.
I envy anyone that lives next to the shore, I love seafood. I will have a river by my house and could fish there rainbow trout.

That octopus would fry nicely in my pan :readytoeat: :hide:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Awwwww, poor thing! He was trying to get out of the boat!

You threw him back, didn't you, Buzz????

Lee

We let him crawl out the starboard scupper hole. He never knew he was going to get a boat tour when he ate that shrimp. LOL

Mr. Green Jeans

Was on a dive trip in Panama City. All the sites are artificial reefs there. We were on a wrecked freighter exploring the hull when a diver poked hi light into an open port hole. A tentacle shot out and snatched the light clean from the guy's hand. It was hillaroius!