Meat cooking trick (done_ness)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Neat trick Lefty. I could have used it yesterday grilling steaks.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Neat trick! Thanks for sharing! This is going to come in handy with grill season around the corner.

Meme4251

Lefty, my son uses this technique for all our steaks he grills outside. He showed me this a couple months ago and says, it does work. All I know, my steak is always the way I like them....:thumb:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I made steak tonight using this tip, Lefty, and it worked perfectly. (But my hand is sore from poking it over and over.)

Deelady

This is the test I have always done except with the skin between my thumb and index finger....can't remember where I learned the trick bt it works like a charm :)

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I like my cow just slightly injured then put it on my plate! How long do you have to cook your hand?

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, robsan. my old friend ozzy used to order his steaks by saying, "just knock the horns off, wipe it's butt, and plate it near the stove..."

thank god no one has mentioned using a meat thermometer. i've mentioned this method before on several cooking sites over the years, and every time the consensus is that it's too difficult to learn and i should be ashamed that i don't have an instant read thermometer on hand at all times.

thanks for the tip, monseiur gauche.