Monday 4/9/2012 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm going back to work today so I have no clue. I will probably bring a snack and have a turkey breast sandwich when I get home if there is any left. The family can have salad with HB eggs on it or a sandwich.

What's on your menu?

Embryodad

I'm home alone today.. yay!

DW is down on the farm in South Jersey, and if she can get the tractor started she will be home later tonight. If not...then she will stay overnight. Her uncle is gonna pull the battery out, ( that could take 3 hours at his speed) and then DW will take it to the garage to charge it. The charger he has burned up.

SOoooo! It looks like I will just make a Ham sandwich, or just pick at it with a knife, and eat a hunk of bread. Fill my tin cup with wine, and make the best of it! .:yum:...........L O L

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
535270_2904687625153_1499378782_2051267_1738567330_n.jpg

Last night I cooked & enjoyed my first solid meal since last Wednesday. Yay!!

Probably wasn't the best choice for intestinal recovery, but my rule is "if I have a real taste for it, it most likely won't hurt me" - lol!

So, had half a package of my favorte "Rossi" pasta on hand - "Fire! - The Devil's Angel Hair" (http://www.rossipasta.com/Fire-The-Devils-Angel-Hair-P2.aspx), along with about a pound of leftover steamed spiced shrimp that my husband had enjoyed for his personal Easter Dinner. Two minutes to cook the pasta, one minute to nuke the shrimp, another minute or so to toss the two together & make two green salads. Voila - dinner! :)

GotGarlic

Glad you're feeling better, Breezy.

DH brought home bone-in skin-on chicken breasts instead of the boneless, skinless I forgot to specify :wink: so I had to change plans. I cut up some potatoes and tossed them with some whole garlic cloves, evoo, and S&P and put them in the bottom of a roasting pan, then put the chicken on top, tucked in several rosemary sprigs from the garden, and topped the chicken with lemon slices.

The chicken breasts were huge, so it took about an hour and a half to roast. I also toasted some French bread with evoo so we could spread the roasted garlic on it. Meant to roast some asparagus, too, but forgot. Will make some tonight.