What's for Dinner, Saturday, December 31, 2011?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I know there is already a thread for NYE and NYD meals, but there might be some folks that will have a regular dinner and not party food. In keeping with a daily thread I just decided to start it so the search engines could find it for today.

I have honey whole wheat dough on first rise, and will make 12 sandwich thins and a loaf of bread...both for the freezer. I'm getting ready to make a batch of olive oil Italian bread dough, half of which will be used the pizzas we're making for dinner, and the other half for a loaf for the freezer. I might reserve some dough and make fresh bread sticks with different toppings as an appy. Gotta find a recipe for the garlic sauce that Papa Johns puts with their pizzas. I LOVE that stuff!!!

Dinner will be 4 different pizzas and a big salad, as DS and his GF will be spending the evening with us. The GF liked it the last time we made personal pizzas, and asked to do it again. I defrosted some chicken breast that I will bake in the mini convection oven, then chop it up and coat with lots of SBR BBQ sauce. That will be a pizza topping with my spaghetti sauce, fresh Mozzarella and pineapple chunks. The other pizzas will be determined later today, but I'm sure one will be pepperoni for DW, and I might do one with ham and pineapple. I need to get to the store to get some fresh veggies to use as toppings as well.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
I have some beef tenderloin leftover so it will be stroganaff for us. Some broccolini and salad. Of course some champagne.

Embryodad

Well ......the last meal (s) of the year.

I made sausage and peppers and onions with carrots and potatoes.
Actually a mild version for the dear lady of the house...and the devil hot one for the ...uh uh uh Devil of the house! :eek:

I also made Kielbasi and Kraut....Ummmmm! That was good!

Tomorrow it will be a small pork loin roasted.I also will have macaroni's and the sauce from the sausage & peppers I made today. It always tastes better the next day!

Oh!...I made a pepperoni and mozzarella cheese bread too! (Stromboli ) :chef:

90e2b2f8.jpg

043d1cf5.jpg

6935cf8a.jpg

cdee099a.jpg

Nancy-MD

Yum, Jimmy, all that food looks so good!

I had fried ham, hash browns, broccoli and applesauce.

Attachments

• 12.31.11 ham and hash browns.jpg
    12.31.11 ham and hash browns.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 95

Embryodad

Yum, Jimmy, all that food looks so good!

I had fried ham, hash browns, broccoli and applesauce.
Yummm! That ham looks great.

Yeah! The food was nibbled on, and it was satisfying.
I guess as we get older...we get full quicker..??

That's ok though...cuz today we will make a meal with it.
Mommy T is gonna make the Pork Roast. She just has a knack for that type of cooking.