Tuesday, December the 7th

lilylove

We're having Eggs Benedict with spinach on the side. I'll saute the spinach with some bacon. :)

K

Kimchee

Leftover Chicken Tikki Masala, salad, jodphur lentils and naan bread!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This was my dinner, everyone else had Wendy's takeout.

Mixed tossed salad (mixed baby wild greens, butter lettuce, baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, green olives, roasted slivered almonds, roasted cashews, hardboiled egg, black sesame seeds, feta cheese & grape tomatoes) dressed with Good Seasons Zesty Italian.

120710_salad.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Very nice Peeps. Why on earth would anyone prefer Wendy's?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Very nice Peeps. Why on earth would anyone prefer Wendy's?
Thank you Mama. I had a late afternoon dentist appointment than we stopped at Target for my girl and I to pick up a few gifts. So on the way home I called home and asked if hub and my other girl wanted me to pick takeout up and they all wanted Wendy's. I was just happy that they all agreed on something!! LOL

SilverSage

Resident Crone
This is one of our favorites - it's in the 'rotation'.

A s/b chicken breast, sauteed until just done, resting on a bed of baby spinach which has been wilted in pancetta. Melt fontina cheese over the chicken, then top with sauteed mushrooms, shallots and pancetta. Drizzle with a rosemary balsamic glaze. I usually sprinkle a little basil chiffonade, but I just didn't have nay fresh basil.

I served it with orzo cooked in chicken broth.

You've probably seen it before, but this pic clearly shows the layers.

Attachments

• chix apollo 003.jpg
    chix apollo 003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 108

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh my goodness, that looks SO good, SS. Your photography is simply great - very professional. We had chicken as well - B/S chicken breasts, flattened into cutlets, dredged in flour, cooked quickly in a combo of oil and butter, served with a mushroom/shallot sauce and some rice primavera. For dessert, some sugar cookies I baked yesterday. The link to this cookie recipe is http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cracked-Sugar-Cookies-I/Detail.aspx

They are excellent cookies - crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. Yum.

Attachments

• DSCF0852.jpg
    DSCF0852.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF0847.jpg
    DSCF0847.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 133

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beautiful SS and Karen, absolutely beautiful!

I took a nap this afternoon and woke up with a headache so the pasta and meatballs that I was planning for tonight was put on hold until tomorrow. I just heated us up some Progresso Split Pea with ham soup.

Phiddlechik

I worked all day with 2nd and 3rd graders, then taught 4 violin lessons. I got home close to 7. Sooo... we had leftovers from last night: mashed potatoes, gravy, meatballs. I planned it last night, made enough for leftovers tonght.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you for the well wishes...I'm okay now. It was probably from all of the stress lately. As soon as they finish up with the plumbing, things can get back to somewhat normal here.

LETHAL GTS

I had pan seared sirloin steak with a side of sauteed thyme and rosemary mushrooms in red wine last night. But I'm thinking I should be heading over to Karen's or SS's for dinner next time. Those dishes look awesome guys.

Attachments

• IMG_5084.jpg
    IMG_5084.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 95

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That steak & shrooms plate is beautiful LGTS!! It would have gone wonderfully with my salad!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Forgot to take pics, but I had one more batch of Frog legs, so I soaked them in Buttermilk all day, then dusted with flour, then egg wash, then more flour and fried them up. This was the best batch yet. DW had a pan seared BS Chicken breast that I cut up and topped a big salad, Cricket had a small pan seared BS Chicken breast as well that "Mom" hand fed him (dang he's spoiled). :doh: :lol:

We also shared a large batch of homemade fries. Cut the fires, boiled them for 5 minutes, chilled, then fried to perfection.